1.    #1  
    I think I'm the only person this has ever happened to.... TWICE!

2004 I bought a Jabra BT250. It was awesome, used it on my Sony Ericsson Z600. I use it when in the car, and sometimes at home. In the car, i store it in the center elbow rest inside.

Well one day, I had it on my desk, picked up to use it and WAM saw a huge CRACK ON IT. I got really really mad. Then earlier this year, I bought another one off of my friend. Guess what happened to this one.. same thing. starting with a hairline crack then just got bigger. I'm really pissed.

The cracks are IDENTICAL. Here's a picture:

http://www.nxtiak.com/miscpics/jabracrack.jpg
    Jabra should give your money back.
    No arguments or petition. The picture speaks for itself.
    The picture tells it all, and now you got me nervous. The TWH is made by Jabra too........
    Somebody....anybody........................Don't let Dr. Doom spill his Kool-Aid on his brand new "perrywinkle" sweater vest!!!
    Oh wow, I was just looking at purchasing one for my biz partner who has problems with the way the Sony HBH660 fits on her ear. Thanks for the heads up.
    I have the beginings of your Jabra 250 crack. Mine goes from the Multifunction button to the LED indicator.

Please don't tell me that's how yours started.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    How about putting a dot of super-glue on it?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    I have the beginings of your Jabra 250 crack. Mine goes from the Multifunction button to the LED indicator.

Please don't tell me that's how yours started.
    That is EXACTLY how mine starts. A hairline crack from the multi to the LED. Give it a week or 2 and your crack will be as big as mine!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by wktaylor
    How about putting a dot of super-glue on it?
    I'm thinking about it.. but I'd rather not deal with this thing anymore.. It still works 100% though. I'm just really mad.

My first one is out of it's 1 year warranty, and the one I bought off my friend well, he doesn't have the receipt for it.
    I got a crack there but thought it was because I slammed it under the cover of the center console of my car. I tried super glue, but it did not hold.
    I had the same thing happen... Worked ok for a few days after, but since then... dead.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Jabra replaced my headset as a courtesy w/o a receipt (it was a gift). It wasn’t for a crack, it was cause the ear piece went dead.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...tid=9044&stc=1

There is a small screw that holds (or not) the soft plastic to the hard plastic. This is after a couple hours of use. (This is a BT250v) The screw goes into a peg that's part of the hard plastic shell. The location of that peg is in the angle of the crack (where it changes direction).

I'm EXTREMELY happy with the features and sound quality on this headset. Calls transfer quickly, and there is virtually no static, popping, or other audio artifacts. However, I think its safe to say that this is a fairly significant design flaw. The stress of the soft plastic flexing, transferred through the screw into the hard plastic is more than it can take.

I'm not sure what the fix would be, if there is one. I'm going to wait until mine breaks before I start messing with it too much. I'm thinking that an epoxy putty that will bond with both the hard and soft plastic is one solution. Another would be to remove the screw before it cracks and "bungee" the two pieces together with a small rubber band. I'm not impressed.
    Attached Images Attached Images