Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Received this morning:

Dear Blue Nomad Customer,

...We are very excited to announce the release of BackupBuddyVFS Professional 3.1! This new release contains many important bug fixes and some new features as well. Please see below for download and installation instructions as well as important compatibility information. We strongly recommend that ALL users upgrade.

PLEASE NOTE: this release is a FREE upgrade to users of BackupBuddyVFS 3 ONLY.
    If you're using an older version of BackupBuddyVFS (e.g. 2.x) or received
    BackupBuddyVFS Personal with your purchase of BackupBuddy for Windows and would like to purchase an upgrade to the 3.0 version, please see below for information on how to obtain a 50% discount for the upgrade.

Finally, there is no update for the Personal version of BackupBuddyVFS at this time.

***NEW RELEASE DETAILS***

* Users may now select which card to backup to on devices with more than one memory card slot

* Backup and Restore of the T5 internal drive (!) is now supported

* Backup of databases with records > 64K is supported, which will allow backup/restore of Photo/Videos on T3/T5/TE2/T650 and the Treo650 "VoiceDial" application

* Advanced screen now adds new files to the backup set automatically

* Many important bug fixes, including:
    Several issues relating to compression and encryption "Last Backup" being incorrectly set to "NEVER"

No longer will soft-reset if no card is mounted on the T5 Wireless updating (via "About" screen) for future updates

TUNGSTEN T5/TREO 650 SUPPORT This build includes further refinements to backup and restore but we have confirmed with PalmOne that there are some issues with the NVFS implementation that require a patch from to completely resolve. We recommend that all T5 users download and install the T5 patch that is available here:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...nt5update.html

Treo 650 users should also check and be sure your Treo is up to date. See this page for some Treo 650 updates and patches:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=7913

Alternatively T5/T650 users may want to try a program called "DBCache Tool"
    which you may download here:

http://www.jade.dti.ne.jp/=7Eimazeki/palm/DBcT/

English information on DBCache Tool can be found here:

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthrea...t=86635&page=1

LIFEDRIVE SUPPORT We are aware that this release contains some remaining issues with the new PalmOne LifeDrive and we are working to resolve them. Please contact beta@bluenomad.com if you'd like to help with beta testing.

***NEW RELEASE DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION INFORMATION***

You may download the update here:

http://www.bluenomad.com/bbvfs/bbvfspro.zip

Since BackupBuddyVFS Professional uses registration keys, you do not need a separate "registered" version nor will you need to reinstall your registration key. There is no need to delete your current version before upgrading and all your important backup files will be preserved intact. Download a new version and install over your current version 3 BackupBuddyVFS Pro to upgrade. BackupBuddyVFS must be installed to the device main memory (RAM)...
    Is there a conduit for Mac? I need a way to back up what's on my card to the Mac.

Thanks
    This thread isn't about BackupBuddy (desktop)

It's about BackupBuddyVFS (palm app)

Thanks for the update BG!!
    I don't <care> what the thread is about, ok?

I want to know if it will work on Mac OSX...............Tiger.................
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 07/03/2005 at 01:46 PM. Reason: language and content
    In some sense, yes Backup Buddy VFS will work with Mac OSX. It will also work with IBM mainframes, Tandem computers, Apple II, Lisa, and my toaster.

It uses the handheld and the SD card. That's it. No more.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    You must have one COOL toaster!

Do you know of a third party conduit or any other way to back up stuff from my card to the Mac Tiger desktop?
    Sorry. I am a PC person.

Do you have a SD card reader? Does Mac OSX let you view and copy the SD card content?

Card Export II at http://softick.com/cardexport2/ will mount the SD card as a separate drive in the Finder. They claim it works with MacOSX.

I use it with my PC. I can then copy the files to my PC hard drive manually.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    BackupBuddyVFS has always rebooted my Treo when it got to the Netprefs files. It works fine if I run a custom restore and exclude those files, but it's an annoying bug when I'm trying to complete a restore quickly. Hopefully that is fixed now. It wasn't in 3.1 RC2.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf
    I don't <care> what the thread is about, ok?

I want to know if it will work on Mac OSX...............Tiger.................
    look friend...this app is a PALM OS app...

not windows
    not mac

a PALM OS APP

it backs your palm DB's to your SD card.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 07/03/2005 at 04:03 PM. Reason: vulgar content
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    BackupBuddyVFS has always rebooted my Treo when it got to the Netprefs files. It works fine if I run a custom restore and exclude those files, but it's an annoying bug when I'm trying to complete a restore quickly. Hopefully that is fixed now. It wasn't in 3.1 RC2.
    I've always had the same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf
    You must have one COOL toaster!

Do you know of a third party conduit or any other way to back up stuff from my card to the Mac Tiger desktop?
    ok.. to back up your card...

use a card reader and copy this data on your card to a folder on your mac
    Wow, Wolf, way to go to Thread Jackass. That is, hijack a thread and be a jackass at the same time.
    I have used Backup Buddy VFS 2.15 (I think) for awhile now. It has saved me numerous times after a hard reset - except that I always have to reinstall Java separetely, and get a new key for WebViewer. Both of htese are needless hassle.

Last week I purchased Resco Explorer (20% discount) which includes a backup utility that backs up to the SD card, and adds your choice of levels of compression as well as encryption, incremental backups, and backup of files of any length - and also backup verification. Of course, that program does a lot more, but I suspect I have used Backup Buddy VFS for the last time.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Just tried the latest beta of Resco Backup (a separate program from Resco Explorer), it reset when backing up, and worse, reset during the restore, I was never able to get it to restore completely. It may have more features, but doesn't work for what it's supposed to do.
    When is BackupBuddy VFS Personal going to be updated. Seems like they are holding out until we cave and upgrade to Pro. I don't need the features of Pro!
    Card Export II at http://softick.com/cardexport2/ will mount the SD card as a separate drive in the Finder. They claim it works with MacOSX.

I gave this a try and it caused problems.

Seem like there must be a way to back up from the card through the Palm OS.

I don't really want to go the card reader route, because I will become lazy about backing up regulary..........
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    * Backup of databases with records > 64K is supported, which will allow backup/restore of Photo/Videos on T3/T5/TE2/T650 and the Treo650 "VoiceDial" application

I've been waiting for this to be fixed, but this does NOT fix it. Still causes soft reset during restore right at VoiceDial.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemongrass
    Just tried the latest beta of Resco Backup (a separate program from Resco Explorer), it reset when backing up, and worse, reset during the restore, I was never able to get it to restore completely. It may have more features, but doesn't work for what it's supposed to do.
    Mine (as part of Explorer) backed up flawlessly and verified. Not a beta...
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Received "TRIAL" version instead of free 3.1 upgrade from 3.07! Should I have waited for backupbuddy's email or is there another way to get the free upgrade to my paid 3.07 version?
    I followed the downloading of the backupbuddy 3.1 free upgrade to my paid-for 3.07 but received the "Trial" version instead with a 14 day trial period. Should I have waited for backupbuddy's customer email or is there another way to get the free upgrade? It's too late to go back to the 3.07 version and start again. Thanks foir your help.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast