Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy
    I tried to download Alarms.prc directly to my phone using Blazer but it doesn't recognize the format and just saves a file named attachment.php to the card. How can I download & install this directly to the phone?
    That's a peculiarity of this site. Use FileZ to rename the attachment.php file on your card to Alarms.prc; then either move the renamed file to the handheld or to /Palm/Launcher/ on the card.
  2. #42  
    Thanks. That explains why I've been stumped before.
  3. #43  
    Damnit!!! I've been bamboozled! Hoodwinked!!
    Somehow I got a free version of BackupBuddy on my 600 and which I then then converted to my 650 via an SD card. Ever since this download its tellin me I now have a Trial version adn I have to pay in 14 days. Anyway around this?!?!?!?!? This blows!

    Somebody helpme please!!!!!
  4. #44  
    I got this trial version too since I updated. I also have the registration number but it does not ask for the number. Now what to do?
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    I got this trial version too since I updated. I also have the registration number but it does not ask for the number. Now what to do?
    If you have a registration number, it's for a pre-3.0 version of BBVFS; with the advent of the 3.0 versions, Bluenomad changed their method for registration. You should be able to upgrade to from your 2.x version to the current one for 1/2 price (contact upgrades@bluenomad.com for details).

    If you don't wish to upgrade, check your Palm username's Archive directory for your old copy of BBVFS.
  6. #46  
    I am not going to read through the entire thread...but my v2.15 works just fine - saved me twice already since I purchased my Treo back in Feb. For what reason (besides having the latest/greatest version) should I be spending $ to upgrade to this latest version. Does the newer version have a 'killer' function(s) over v2.15?
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    I am not going to read through the entire thread...but my v2.15 works just fine - saved me twice already since I purchased my Treo back in Feb. For what reason (besides having the latest/greatest version) should I be spending $ to upgrade to this latest version. Does the newer version have a 'killer' function(s) over v2.15?
    Don't read the whole thread - just post #1; then decide for yourself.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    I got this trial version too since I updated. I also have the registration number but it does not ask for the number. Now what to do?
    I contacted backupbuddy and they sent me a key to register it and I thought I had the 2.xx version....guess not.
  9. #49  
    Does the archieve function work as a trash bin in a way, correct? If I have it activated then I will always be able to go back in archieve to get old deleted files, right?
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by *jamespaulritter
    Does the archieve function work as a trash bin in a way, correct? If I have it activated then I will always be able to go back in archieve to get old deleted files, right?
    Pretty much. At the end of the backup process, any files which were in the previous backup but not in the current one will be copied to the Archive.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    1. I'd wager that the Contacts-PAdd alarm is a birthday.

    2. The Date & Time alarm on Oct 30 is the end of DST.

    3. To schedule your phone's on and off times, launch TreoHelper. It should open with the General screen; if it doesn't, change the dropdown at the top of the screen. If you want the same times every day, tap the Day button and adjust the on and off times; if you want to vary the times during the week, tap the Week button and enter the On and Off times for each day of the week.
    Well, I've been using your suggestion with TreoHelper and LookAtMe and mReset and all but one very annoying thing keeps occurring. One of those programs you had me use must have an alarm or something built in so that just before the phone is to be turned off (or reset...I can't tell which) at 4 am there is an ear piercing alarm that goes off. I can't find an option for that (to uncheck) in any of the programs though (TreoHelper, mReset or LookAtMe). It keeps waking me up!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Well, I've been using your suggestion with TreoHelper and LookAtMe and mReset and all but one very annoying thing keeps occurring. One of those programs you had me use must have an alarm or something built in so that just before the phone is to be turned off (or reset...I can't tell which) at 4 am there is an ear piercing alarm that goes off. I can't find an option for that (to uncheck) in any of the programs though (TreoHelper, mReset or LookAtMe). It keeps waking me up!
    Funny, I have the same setup (duhhh, from the same recommendation) - I do not get the annoying alarm.

    The annoying thing I have found is that everytime I look at my first SMS in the AM now (which normally around 5AM right after my TreoHelper turns my Treo's radio back on), when using the TreoHelper, mReset, LookAtMe, and BackUp....is that the Treo resets itself.

    Any solution for this? I am in the middle of debugging - unstalling all then installing apps one by one.
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    Funny, I have the same setup (duhhh, from the same recommendation) - I do not get the annoying alarm.

    The annoying thing I have found is that everytime I look at my first SMS in the AM now (which normally around 5AM right after my TreoHelper turns my Treo's radio back on), when using the TreoHelper, mReset, LookAtMe, and BackUp....is that the Treo resets itself.

    Any solution for this? I am in the middle of debugging - unstalling all then installing apps one by one.
    I figured mine out, as there is an option in LookAtMe to turn alarm to "silent" so we'll see if that fixes it. I haven't noticed the SMS conflict, but I don't many SMS messages overnight when I'm asleep.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    ...The annoying thing I have found is that everytime I look at my first SMS in the AM now (which normally around 5AM right after my TreoHelper turns my Treo's radio back on), when using the TreoHelper, mReset, LookAtMe, and BackUp....is that the Treo resets itself.

    Any solution for this? I am in the middle of debugging - unstalling all then installing apps one by one.
    Do you schedule a reset after the backup, as well as before? If not, you should.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Do you schedule a reset after the backup, as well as before? If not, you should.
    Is this recomended by the developer? I have noticed I dont get a complete restore. Any ideas as to why?
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Is this recomended by the developer? I have noticed I dont get a complete restore. Any ideas as to why?
    No, resetting after backing up doesn't affect the backup, it just clears out the DB Cache (which the backup process fills). Turning off the radio and resetting before backing up helps gaurantee a complete backup by making sure that a prematurely full DB Cache doesn't cause a crash while backing up. Are you getting complete backups? Any specific errors during the restore?
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  17. #57  
    As far as I know I am getting complete back ups. I get the error message could not restore thm.to_do (this one of my categories for thought manager) and coupld not restore chatter options (or something like that).

    I appreciate you help bill.

    I can hard reset and restore again and get different results with the same back up.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    No, resetting after backing up doesn't affect the backup, it just clears out the DB Cache (which the backup process fills). Turning off the radio and resetting before backing up helps gaurantee a complete backup by making sure that a prematurely full DB Cache doesn't cause a crash while backing up. Are you getting complete backups? Any specific errors during the restore?
    Better still, do a warm reset (It's easy enough .. just press the Up button during reset). This starts the Treo without ANY applications running and opening files. This is the cleanest way of backing up.

    You have to then also do a regular reset after backup to get the Treo functionality back (and cleaning the DB cache etc ..)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Better still, do a warm reset (It's easy enough .. just press the Up button during reset). This starts the Treo without ANY applications running and opening files. This is the cleanest way of backing up
    Quite possibly...but you can't schedule a warm reset, like you can with a soft reset. Scheduled resets make scheduled backups more dependable.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    ...I can hard reset and restore again and get different results with the same back up.
    Different results? Successful backup, or unsuccessful with different errors?
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions