Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Apologies if someone has mentioned this but I didn't see it in the thread. You need to make sure that your carrier has opened your phone to send and receive internaltional SMS messages.
    from my experience cdma networks aren't international friendly. i had sprint 1st then t-mobile, then cingular.

to send a text msg to another country when in the u.s. i use + (country code) (city code) (number). i.e. +55(21) 931-xxx-xx (vanessa aka halle barre in rio de janeiro).

i can send a text msg to another u.s. phone while i'm in another country by txt to +1 (area code) (number). i.e. +1 212 461 9431

and to send to another country while i'm in another country it's + (country code) (city code) (number).

the same applies to voice calls.

also i use takephone so it automatcially formats my dialing numbers based on the country code and area code i'm in, so i never have to alter my contacts. btw, my contacts are all (xxx) xxx-xxxx it automatically puts +1 or whatever in front. that's sweet.

*please note the format of the number varies in each country. the best thing to do is visit a cell store or carrier website or travel agent (google dammit). before traveling.
    Usual Suspects Entertainment
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12