View Poll Results: Compared to non-650 cell phones, how strong is the 650's radio??

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • I own a Sprint 650 and other cell phones are weak!

9 12.86%
  • I own a Sprint 650 and other cell phones sound about the same.

21 30.00%
  • I own a Sprint 650 and other cell phones sound better :-(

9 12.86%
  • I own a Verizon 650 and other cell phones are weak!

1 1.43%
  • I own a Verizon 650 and other cell phones sound about the same.

3 4.29%
  • I own a Verizon 650 and other cell phones sound better :-(

7 10.00%
  • I own a Cingular 650 and other cell phones are weak!

5 7.14%
  • I own a Cingular 650 and other cell phones sound about the same.

7 10.00%
  • I own a Cingular 650 and other cell phones sound better :-(

7 10.00%
  • I own a T-Mobile 650 and I'm about to tell you how it sounds below.

1 1.43%
  1.    #1  
    Sorry for not doing this correctly in my last poll: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=88818, but I'm trying to gauge how strong the 650 radio/reception is compared to other cell phones. I just now realized that the poll was gauging which carriers have better coverage/quality.

Sooo....lemme try this ONE more time.

Try to compare your 650 to other phones on the same type of network, and preferably the same carrier as well. If you don't remember how crappy your old phone sounded, ask a friend (you do have friends, don't you?) to borrow their cell phone or ask them how often they get dropped calls. The latter will prolly be more effective and efficient since you can't gauge the quality of a cell phone with a couple of calls. But to each his own and to me a Sprint 650.

Can't wait to find the true results to my question.

-Peace out!
    Last edited by grndslm; 07/05/2005 at 04:34 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Straight bumpin', g!
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    What exactly are you asking people to compare? Sound quality is not dependent on signal strength for digital phones. It's mostly phone design.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4
    What exactly are you asking people to compare? Sound quality is not dependent on signal strength for digital phones. It's mostly phone design.
    Well...the question is titled above the poll: "Compared to non-650 cell phones, how strong is the 650's radio??" and it's in the initial post as well...I just bolded it for you. I said compare to another phone on the same type of network because a CDMA 650 is certainly going to sound different from a GSM Nokia....well, that's what I'm theorizing at least.

I've noticed that the sound quality is mostly phone design, hence, me creating this poll. I started another one intending to ask this question, but it pretty much asked about carriers' signal strength.
    Prior to purchasing VolumeCare, My previous LGVX6100 was louder, but now, w/ VC, My T650 wins hands down!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Your clumsy phrasing and clumsy poll see to be asking the simple question:
    How is the reception on the Treo 650? (right?)

So, why are you bringing carriers into it? At the very most you should segregate the answers into GSM and CDMA, not to individual carriers.

I am on Rogers so I can't take part in your poll, however let me answer your real question: I find the overall reception (ability to make/receive/hold a call) of the Treo 650 to be equal to my 2 best reception phones, the Nokia 6820 and Nokia 3220, and slightly to far better than my V300, T720, SL56, 6800, 3300, 3595, C333, C256, C56, 3390, & T193
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    Your clumsy phrasing and clumsy poll see to be asking the simple question:
    How is the reception on the Treo 650? (right?)
    I guess you're right...but I wanted to make it very clear that we're comparing phones and not carriers. As long as people understand the original question I'm gonna keep it the same unless some other people agree that I should change it.

So, why are you bringing carriers into it? At the very most you should segregate the answers into GSM and CDMA, not to individual carriers.
    I thought about that, but the more choices that you have in a poll, the closer you'll come to the truth. Notice how the Sprint and Verizon tallies are quite a bit different??

I am on Rogers so I can't take part in your poll, however let me answer your real question: I find the overall reception (ability to make/receive/hold a call) of the Treo 650 to be equal to my 2 best reception phones, the Nokia 6820 and Nokia 3220, and slightly to far better than my V300, T720, SL56, 6800, 3300, 3595, C333, C256, C56, 3390, & T193
    Dang....that's a lotta phones. Sorry about breaking it down to carriers; I would have put more carriers if I could have, but considering TreoCentral polls are limited to 10 options and there are only 3 US carriers officially selling this phone, they got the top spots. Your response in the thread is exactly the answer I was looking for though. Thanks!
  8.    #8  
    I'm extremely surprised by these numbers....is there anybody out there who thinks their 600 got better reception than their 650?
  9.    #9  
    Nobody's got nothin' to say, huh?? Well...I'm bumpin' this one last time because I haven't seen a poll around here in awhile.