1.    #1  
    The Icon for Versamail has disappeared from my T650 (Sprint) .

I did a hard reset and restore from my SD card and had some corrupt files. I still have the app as it is in ROM, but the icon is gone.

Any idea how to get it back?

I thought about reinstalling 1.12 firmware but would like to avoid that if possible. Any ideas are appreciated as I found nothing remotely like this problem in my rather exhaustive search here.

TIA
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    The Icon for Versamail has disappeared from my T650 (Sprint) .

I did a hard reset and restore from my SD card and had some corrupt files. I still have the app as it is in ROM, but the icon is gone.

Any idea how to get it back?

I thought about reinstalling 1.12 firmware but would like to avoid that if possible. Any ideas are appreciated as I found nothing remotely like this problem in my rather exhaustive search here.

TIA
    You should be thanking your diety of choice that VersaFail has disappeared from your Treo. Sounds like a good time to look into Chatter!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Well, I realize I'm in the minority here but believe it or not I actually like and use Versamail. I tried Snapper but couldn't find the settings for SSL needed for my Gmail account and didn't want to upgrade to the PRO version.

I didn't lose the App and can access via a button pref, but would like the Icon... Wierd, Huh?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    I know you didn't lose it...did you somehow move it to another category?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    I found it.

I had accidently "Obfuscated" it and didn't realize it... DUH!!!

Thanks for the replies. Color me embarrassed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    I found it.

Dragonman, how did you find it? Mine has disappeared as well!
    Obfuscate is a program that hides your unused or unwanted icons. He had accidentally put it in that "category".
    Barring any operator error like Dragonman's, other explanation would be a corrupted PSysLaunchDB file (used by the Applications launcher). This will require a hard reset to fix.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    I found it.

Okay...color me stupid.

Is Obfuscate a third-party program, or one built in the Treo?

My Versamail has also disappeared, but I have never seen any reference to a Obfuscate program on the device.

Need to some help getting this back.

As an aside, is there a free or reasonably priced email program that is superior to Versamail?

Thanks,

Gryff
    Obfuscate is a third-party program. Other than that, I can't help ya.