Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So here's my dilemma. I can connect to my Jabra BT250V with absolutely NO issues. It works GREAT. Unfortunately, I can't seem to send anything with bluetooth. When I select a contact or file and tap "Send", I should get the pop-up asking how I want to send it (Bluetooth, SMS, SNappermail, etc). Unfortunately, NOTHING happens.

Any ideas?

- Works with BT250 headset
    - Others can BT files TO me
    - My T650 can be see by other devices
    - I can see other devices
    I get the send with pop up screen . . . . .

Mine is a Sprint, what model do you have?
  3.    #3  
    I've got a Sprint (1.12) also. I've had the pop-up in the past, so this is a bit of a mystery. Originally, I thought it might have something to do with ZLauncher, so I backed out of ZL and tried it. No joy though.
    A soft reset, just for giggles?
  5.    #5  
    Tried it. Even tried deleting every BT related file so that it would refresh from ROM. Nothing. Annoyingly enough, it even still shows a list of other BT devices that I've run across in the passed, and I can't delete them out!
    Wierd. When was the last time it did work and what did you do just before that? (I know, if you could remember that, you would be in a different line of work, be a millonaire and not be messing with your Treo!l)
  7.    #7  
    Damn......that was good. You covered all the bases onthat one.

Not really sure when the last time that I BT'd a file to someone. I did try to play tag with someone at the airport, but it'd never connect. As for the BT headset, I use it daily. As for receiving, I had someone BT something to me today.
    Actually, I'm stumped. Other than the "H" word (Hard Reset) to a temporary (clean) userid with no backup folder associated and add stuff back one thing at a time until you find the 3rd party culprit. . . . hopefully, someone will have a less painful solution. . . .

Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Actually, I'm stumped. Other than the "H" word (Hard Reset) to a temporary (clean) userid with no backup folder associated and add stuff back one thing at a time until you find the 3rd party culprit. . . . hopefully, someone will have a less painful solution. . . .

Good Luck.
    Perry is right, hard reset is likely the only way to fix this. However, rather than using a temporary ID which you will have to change back later it is easier to rename your backup directory on your computer. (usually at: C:\Program Files\palmOne\"user name"\Backup) Also, this way you can sync and have all your contact, memo, etc. data but no third party software.
  10.    #10  
    This is why we backup EVERY night to the SD card! WeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeE! I'll let you know what happens. IF I do it...it's painful.....ya know?
  11.    #11  
    Ok. Hard Reset done...TWICE.

The first one was REALLY interesting. After doing the full backup, I initiated the hard reset. I then got a screen saying "Now formatting the syste" or something to that effect. I restored the backup and found that I still had the problem.

SO

I went into the backup directory on the SD card and deleted ALL of the BT related files from the backup and retried the hard reset. The restore is complete and the verdict is...

drumroll please...

wait for it....

NO DICE! The problem still exists. I'm still unable to SEND files through BT. I don't even get the option box to ask what mode I want to send with.
  12.    #12  
    I'm curious to see if it may be something along the lines of another program intferring in it's use. I had a problem a while back where the alarm I had set in Butler would go off but there would be no sound. After some forking around, I figured out that Ringo Pro was overriding the sound capabilities of Butler. I had to either remove Ringo Pro or move it to the card in order to get Butler to use sounds again. I wonder if I have the same issue with my BT send and another program. I DO know that the last time I sent a file over BT was with firmware 1.08. I haven't been able to do it since installing 1.12.
  13.    #13  
    I've also noticed that after doing the hard reset, I don't show the "1x" in front of the time on the dial[ad screen.

Also, even though I have the power setting to turn off after 3 minutes of activity, it shuts itself off aftef 30-60 seconds.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch
    I've also noticed that after doing the hard reset, I don't show the "1x" in front of the time on the dial[ad screen.
    Come to think about it, this may be due to the fact that I haven't connected to the net (email or otherwise)...lessee....NOPE, after checking email, it's still not there. So that answers THAT question at least!
  15.    #15  
    ooooooh...also notice that they appear to have fixed the network time issue. I didn't register the old revert to 1980 and back issue. It stayed the same!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Have you tried doing a hard reset, but NOT restoring any of your apps? Then try to send via bluetooth to verify that it's just your software configuration?
    Ditto, and after a hard reset, make sure you reset any settings that may have reverted during the hard reset process.
    Mooch, I am in the same boat as you. 1.12 loaded, paired to a 660, zlauncher, able to receive files via BT but no dice on sending files BT. Just chalk it up to another software mystery on this puppy. inconveinent and annoying yes,... critical for operation,... nope. its probobly something silly like palm puke or traffic. I'm not going to take the time to find out anytime soon. Good luck though.
    I had this problem last week and it really was a heart wrenching ordeal. I had tried hard resetting a bunch of times (read: for 4 and a half freakin hours, no joke unfortunately) and adding things back from a backup one by one and then going to test if I could send anything by bluetooth. Long story short, the problem remained so I started from scratch and said **** it to the backup restores. I'm pretty sure it's due to a corrupt preference setting or unsaved setting. Even with deleting all settings, nothing but the hard reset worked, and I tried EVERYTHING to fix it. It was not a fun day.

I suppose it was a good thing to do because with reinstalling my apps and getting rid of files that deleted apps left behind, I gained 5 megs. But it took forever to do.

Good luck and sorry to hear you're having this problem.
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch
    Come to think about it, this may be due to the fact that I haven't connected to the net (email or otherwise)...lessee....NOPE, after checking email, it's still not there. So that answers THAT question at least!
    Do you use skinner? I see the 1x while using skinner, but not without it because the 1x is the same colour as the bar.

http://www.lannie.org/stuff/images/1x.bmp
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast