1.    #1  
    Greetings everyone,
    I finally geared up and added the 650 to my life, however i am having the following trouble. I can finally hotsync via bluetooth, and i can isync via cable.....but I can't iSync via bluetooth!! can anyone help me with this. I am running 10.4.1 and have not yet upgraded to the newest palm updates on my sprint 650.
    Please send me your weathered advice.
    Many thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thedubs
    Greetings everyone,
    I finally geared up and added the 650 to my life, however i am having the following trouble. I can finally hotsync via bluetooth, and i can isync via cable.....but I can't iSync via bluetooth!! can anyone help me with this. I am running 10.4.1 and have not yet upgraded to the newest palm updates on my sprint 650.
    Please send me your weathered advice.
    Many thanks
    when you sync via cable, change the hot sync profile on the 650 to cable/cradle
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  3.    #3  
    I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible to isync via bluetooth? when isync looks for devices, it sees but won't communocate with the treo. any thoughts?
    Hey..

On the treo open apps go to hot sync manager and click. hot sync window will appear. make sure local button is highlighted and then tap the button below hot sync button to open window. Tap custom then press the treo menu button to bring up the menu. scroll down to primary pc setup and open. a window will open. on the top is primary pc name and type in the name of your pc. Press ok and the name of your pc should appear. If not tap custom button to reopen window and tap the name of your pc.

In the task bar of your pc you should have hotsync manager icon. If the hotsync icon is not in the task bar in the lower right corner of your screen, Click the start button on the lower left corner of your pc and look for hotsync manager in the window and click on it. click on the hot sync manager icon in the task bar to open it and then click on setup. a window will open saying hotsync manager and make sure always open is chosen. then click on local tab to choose serial port.

Now if your have a laptop with a blue tooth module built into it, make sure com port 4 is chosen. This should be the same com port blue tooth dun will use. If you use an external blue tooth module, make sure the same com port is chosen as blue tooth dun uses. could be com port 10, 12, 13 or 14. Then make speed as fast as possible is chosen. then click ok. click hot sync manager icon in the task bar again and click on local, second one from the top of the little window.
    Then pull up the hot sync manager window on your treo and tap hot sync button.

This should get you going, assuming your blue tooth on your pc is on and working properly. The treo may look for your pc. If it does, tap on the name of your pc.

A little long winded, but I hope it helps.

Sprint Treo 650

Chuck
  5.    #5  
    that all sounds great, but i am running off mac os system. Any conversion ideas?
    I am able to sync via BT but my memory is a little foggy about the process getting there.

You may need to setup the bluetooth connection between your Treo and Mac first. So try opening up System Preferences and choosing Bluetooth. From there, try Set Up New Device. IIRC, it will walk you through the process. There will be actions to perform on your Mac and Treo to make the connection and that may be it. From there, initiate a hotsync from your phone using the HotSync icon and make sure Bluetooth is selected.

Hope that helps!
    In the setup menu of the hotsync mgr, I only have the option for COM1 COM2 and COM3. Anyone know how I get the Serial port to show in the drop down? The error message that my treo displays is "port already in use"
    -Lucidity
    Hi.

That is in fact pretty easy. Unfortunately I'm not at an english machine. So I need to translate the menu items. That might sound awkward, sometimes, and you probably have to guess some things. Thats said, let's see:

edit: The following steps apply only to OS X "Tiger" 10.4.x:

Step 1: Pairing the machines
    On the Mac:
    Open Systempreferences > Bluetooth
    On the first tab "Settings" activate the option "detectable" (or something like it).
    On the third tab "Sharing" make sure first checkbox of "Bluetooth-PDA-Sync" is activated.
    If you click on this entry, you'll see some options on the right hand side. The last of them should say something like "Connection necessary (secure)". Activate it, too.

Turn on Bluetooth on the Treo.

Back on the Mac: On the second tab "Devices" klick on "New Device" and follow the assistant (just a few, easy steps, really).
    Now Mac and Treo are known to each other.
    Step 2: Configuring HotSync Manager
    Open (on the Mac) Applications > Palm > HotSync Manager
    On the second tab "Connections" activate the line reading "bluetooth-pda-sync".
    Step 3: Configuring HotSync of the Palm
    On the Treo: Open Hotsync and choose the Menuoption "Connection Setup".
    Say "New", give the connection a name (like "Mac Bluetooth") and choose "connect with" "PC" (although it's a mac ) and at "with" choose "Bluetooth".
    Thats it. After you have closed all dialogs, you are back in Palm's Hotsync Application. Right below the icon with the swirling arrows is a drop-down field where you can choose your connection. Tap on it an choose "Mac Bluetooth" (or whatever name you gave the connection earlier). Your Palm should now synchronize...

If theres anything unclear just ask..
    Last edited by maelcum; 08/19/2005 at 09:32 AM.
    I think there's some confusion going on in this thread. This is the Mac forum so the PC questions/replies don't really make sense here.
    Btw: The instructions above apply to OS X Tiger 10.4.x, not to Panther 10.3.x.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maelcum
    Hi.

That is in fact pretty easy. Unfortunately I'm not at an english machine. So I need to translate the menu items. That might sound awkward, sometimes, and you probably have to guess some things. Thats said, let's see:

edit: The following steps apply only to OS X "Tiger" 10.4.x:

Step 1: Pairing the machines
    On the Mac:
    Open Systempreferences > Bluetooth
    On the first tab "Settings" activate the option "detectable" (or something like it).
    On the third tab "Sharing" make sure first checkbox of "Bluetooth-PDA-Sync" is activated.
    If you click on this entry, you'll see some options on the right hand side. The last of them should say something like "Connection necessary (secure)". Activate it, too.

Turn on Bluetooth on the Treo.

Back on the Mac: On the second tab "Devices" klick on "New Device" and follow the assistant (just a few, easy steps, really).
    Now Mac and Treo are known to each other.
    Step 2: Configuring HotSync Manager
    Open (on the Mac) Applications > Palm > HotSync Manager
    On the second tab "Connections" activate the line reading "bluetooth-pda-sync".
    Step 3: Configuring HotSync of the Palm
    On the Treo: Open Hotsync and choose the Menuoption "Connection Setup".
    Say "New", give the connection a name (like "Mac Bluetooth") and choose "connect with" "PC" (although it's a mac ) and at "with" choose "Bluetooth".
    Thats it. After you have closed all dialogs, you are back in Palm's Hotsync Application. Right below the icon with the swirling arrows is a drop-down field where you can choose your connection. Tap on it an choose "Mac Bluetooth" (or whatever name you gave the connection earlier). Your Palm should now synchronize...

If theres anything unclear just ask..
    I did all of these steps, BUT when I click on BT PDA SYNC on hotsync manager, it asks me to click on settings, and choose which I want to use, and I am not sure which one to select, any help here, everything else I followed perfectly.

Thanks!
    Did anyone ever get this working.

If so, how do you initiate syncing - just launch isync and click sync, or something more complicated?
    Syncing over BT is sloooowww. I hit the sync button in iSync then the hotsync app on the Treo and it works. Did I say it was slooooowww?
    Hi jdl70,

full ack! It is dead slow.
    Theres a way to crank it up a little (in the Hotsync, Connection Setup, Details, Speed) but hardly noticable. It works for everyday use/sync. When I have to install a lot of things, I switch back to usb, though...

@bilbo_baggins: No, it will never work. I just wrote this instructions for fun and to make you try and waste your time. Don't even try to install Palm Desktop, it will surely make things worse...

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by maelcum
    @bilbo_baggins: No, it will never work. I just wrote this instructions for fun and to make you try and waste your time. Don't even try to install Palm Desktop, it will surely make things worse...
    Fortunately I haven't yet bought a Treo 650, so if BT syncing is ridiculously slow I won't be getting as far as buying another Treo, never mind trying to overcome the hurdle of setting up BT syncing.

I will continue my never ending search for a suitable device. Compromise, compromise, compromise...
    hah you want slow try using IR to sync to a Pismo!

Tom
    The SE phones I've owned have been so problem free, and now they announce the P990. Just looking at the iSync compatibility of the P910 (all the boxes ticked), I don't think I'll be hanging around at Treo Central any more...

Wanders off dreamily...
    Last edited by bilbo__baggins; 10/10/2005 at 06:52 PM.
    Um, I sync to iSync (heh, get it?!) quite easily.. slower than USB but not deadly so.
    -mbd26