Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    The design that I loved most was my old Palm Vx. It had a little groove on the side (and side would work or top) that allowed you to slip in a cover that would protect the phone and keyboard and have minimal size addition. That's long gone and my next favorite was this one:

http://store.treocentral.com/content...s/4-54--67.htm

The difference between it and the new ones is that the new ones don't protect the keyboard. I find that rather important, especially when you put your phone in your travel bag and you have other stuff that may rumble around inside. While it took a while to figure out how to type with this case, with the raised Treo 650 buttons it would be even easier. Has anyone found a skin that covers the keys adequately?

It amazes me that Palm didn't provide any case whatsoever with the unit.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I got a skin case called "ZCover" which covers the keys but the skin overlying it is thinner than the rest of the skin so it is easy to type. I alternate this case with my Vaja T66. I think Vaja still protects my Treo better (since the screen is much better protected with the flap) but if you want to have acceptable protection with minimal bulk then the zcover might do it for you. I believe there is a thread here under accessories discussing this case.
    Last edited by DocGo; 07/04/2005 at 04:33 AM.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Sweet. The ZCover is just perfect. I took a look at the Vaja but I'll nix it because it's much bulkier and I don't like the fact that I can't simply look, touch and talk. The front screen is protected by my screen guard to some extent.

I had a really nice flip cover from the top (Bellagio) for my 600 but Palm decided to use some more brilliant design work -- by putting the microphone on the bottom of the unit, it is extremely difficult to design a case that won't block it.

Thanks for the reference...
    Check out the Kreusell case sold on this site. I have the leather one with the clear plastic that covers the keyboard and earpiece. You can choose to have the screen cut out or covered. Very easy to type on and you can cut the clip adapter off of the back with a razor or scissors to slim it down. It adds about a milimeter all around. Great case.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    wballz33 - Thanks for the tip. I already ordered the zcover (takes freaking forever with expensive shipping options) and looked at the Krussel cover. I saw the Handit II which looks bulky but very nice if you like that kind of a case (I had a great 650 case by bellagio.) The only thing about the plastic cover that seems annoying is that I never liked that plastic overlay that wasn't form fit for the keys. Was challenging to press and got old and worn pretty quickly. I could be wrong and am glad to hear your experience.

What I always found interesting is that none of these cases had a good cover for the lense of the camera. That's the one area (besides the screen) that really needs protection!
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    What I always found interesting is that none of these cases had a good cover for the lense of the camera. That's the one area (besides the screen) that really needs protection!
    That's because people want the camera accessible without removing the Treo from the case. There's no threads for a lens cap (which would be nice) - so, in short, there's not much protection. Take a piece of lens paper and use removable tape to cover it. Clunky-looking? Sure, but it will protect it.

Me? I frankly don't care. I might take a shot here and there, but any photo worth taking is worth taking well, with my 7.1 from Nikon.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Great tip about tape and lens paper underneath it. Shouldn't even be too noticeable hiding it under the zcover sleeve I plan to get. Thanks Pamela.
    Has any one tried this case.
    Flip case, with a slightly different design.
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...-22--235-2.htm
    Treo can breathe easily in this one .
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    The Treo might be able to breathe but you won't if you try to stuff this in any pocket you may have. At the moment, I'm using the old Treo 600 case that came with it (Palm should eat @$%& for not even supplying this meager case!) and it's working fine. It does press those stupid left side buttons but I've managed to deal with it by making sure the phone is locked before I put it in the case. The case you are pointing to looks like my old Bellagio case to some extent, same bulk and less screen/keyboard protection, higher price. My zcover should arrive tomorrow... can't wait.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I really miss the slim, beautiful Palm Vx and that easy, slim flip cover.
    I got my zcover for my Treo650, it is an excellent fit especaily their keboard cover mold design, it's just perfect. The protection for camera lens is nice. Great case!
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    The Treo might be able to breathe but you won't if you try to stuff this in any pocket you may have. At the moment, I'm using the old Treo 600 case that came with it (Palm should eat @$%& for not even supplying this meager case!) and it's working fine. It does press those stupid left side buttons but I've managed to deal with it by making sure the phone is locked before I put it in the case. The case you are pointing to looks like my old Bellagio case to some extent, same bulk and less screen/keyboard protection, higher price. My zcover should arrive tomorrow... can't wait.

The 600 cover is too tight. It is Painful to remove 650 out of the case and you need to be carefulabout the phone not staying on in the case.It's a shame that 600 dollar phonw was sold without a case.
    Zcover are fugly and expensive for skin case.