Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What Versamail-Version comes with it. Is there a change? Are the ExchangeActivesync problems fixed?
    TIA for any hints...
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    This is just an update for the GSM radio part ONLY. CDMA users (Sprint/Verizon) please do not update.
    I don't suppose this update does anything for the Bluetooth issues many are experiencing with their bluetooh enabled cars? Hoping, but not expecting.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matchtrader
    I don't suppose this update does anything for the Bluetooth issues many are experiencing with their bluetooh enabled cars? Hoping, but not expecting.
    Nope, it's just an update for the GSM radio part. Nothing else is changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    How much dbcache do you have left after installing your custom rom? So, if this is small/very small, will it cause those random reset problems? I had a few of them but using Crash's log, there is no info on what caused the crash/reset.
    after the install of custom rom and a hard reset I only have 5900KB dbcache left (yes, I have too many big apps in ROM)
    That's a big loss. and it causes problems with a big game... (only that game makes it reset)
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I installed a Custom 1.28 ROM, this time without adding anything (versamail, languages removed). Free DB cache is around 10589573 (around 10.5MB) which is a lot more than the 6-7MB with a cutomized ROM with a lot of additional apps in it. Now, I will see if the phone will have less random resets.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDu
    Nope, it's just an update for the GSM radio part. Nothing else is changed.
    Db cache handling has improved with this firmware update. I have observed this using db cache tool da (Main app disabled). Previously launching and exiting blazer depletes db cache. Now, db cache used by Blazer is restored. Its actually higher after exiting Blazer.

Users at mapalad.org also noticed increased stability with 1.30 compared to 1.28. This is due to the more efficient use of db cache. Its now being returned to the system after use however not as efficient as we want it to be. Hopefully in the future, Palm will have solved this nvfs problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    after the install of custom rom and a hard reset I only have 5900KB dbcache left (yes, I have too many big apps in ROM)
    That's a big loss. and it causes problems with a big game... (only that game makes it reset)
    Hi,

A workaround to the db cache problem has been established. For more info

DB CACHE Solution for Custom Rom
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Hi,

Hi, that link doesn't work. Can't find that post in shadowmite's forums too. Can you help?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Loaded the unzipped files into my Treo 650 Unlocked GSM phone (which was already upgraded to 1.28).
    Didn't remove any of my existing files.
    Ran the update (it appears as a box-shaped icon labeled GSM updater).
    It installed itself and appears to have erased the load files.

Firmware now shows as 1.30.

Software still same (Treo650-1.13-ROW).

PURE SPECULATION:
    If this was strictly a phone radio upgrade, it may be a hint as to why Cingular hasn't upgraded yet - perhaps there are still some lingering issues they are trying to work out there?
    I just did the same, chankla. This time I hard reset my treo first, then applied the official 1.28 palmone updater to get fw 1.28, then hotsynced the 1.30 upgrade. I tried my best not to install launch anything else, so that dbcache wont be touched, and here are my findings:

-- POST 1.28 upgrade

dyn 4853/5440
    stor 21760/23024
    maxdyn 4731k
    maxstor 21760k
    rom 14784k
    dbcache 10737k

-- POST 1.30

dyn 4857/5440
    stor 21420/23024
    maxdyn 3799k
    maxstor 21420k
    rom 14784k
    dbcache 10792k

So dbcache improves SLIGHTLY. However more importantly, when using apps like Quicknews, my dbcache doesnt seem to drop tremendously anymore!
    I just updated - very painless. I do not really see any singificant difference, but, of course, that's the idea since the differences really seem to be about stability and I won't notice that right away.

I just hot sync'd all the files in the zip and ran the updater. Flawless and painless update from 1.28.

I wonder if I still get any benefit from running "DBCache Tool" or if the update if effectively doing the same thing?

For now, I've turned "DBCache Tool" off and I'll see how it goes.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I also applied this update. As westronic said "I do not see any significant difference". In another thread a claim was made that this update increased the handset volume. Can anyone else confirm this?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Hi,

that link does not work , but I know that thread, which is:
    http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=597

I tried that solution today without success. The solution is not really working... (at least for me???)
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    In the current (1.28) as well as past firmware versions Treo 650 seems to have problems when it is at the edge of its reception range. When versamail times out, trying to fetch messages, due to losing signal - that's when bad things start to happen with Versamail integrity (or so it seems).
    I saw a new message on version 1.30 that I hadn't seen before, telling me to "try again a little bit later" in an area where I usually get timeout errors. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe they are finally working on that issue...
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDu
    It's in Simplified Chinese, yes according to the feedbacks no body knows what it improved nor where it was from.

Here's the update: GSM Radio/Firmware 1.3 Update (my own hosting) , just sync it to your Treo and run the "Firmware Updater". Best plug the power in too.
    Steve, after downloading the file and unzipping it, do I install all the files in the zipped folder into my treo via hotsync? I did that and clicked on the updater, but it just kept in saying "downloading flasher" then "running firmware updater" then 'preparing for update"...but nothing else happens and the status bar doesn't move at all. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    Steve, after downloading the file and unzipping it, do I install all the files in the zipped folder into my treo via hotsync? I did that and clicked on the updater, but it just kept in saying "downloading flasher" then "running firmware updater" then 'preparing for update"...but nothing else happens and the status bar doesn't move at all. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
    It sounds like you did it right. That's just what I did, and it worked just fine.

Did you get all the files installed? Maybe you missed one?
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    It sounds like you did it right. That's just what I did, and it worked just fine.

Did you get all the files installed? Maybe you missed one?
    Firmware should read 1.30 and ENZOC2 below it upon launching the gsm updater. Not seeing the firmware version means a file is missing . This happened to me too and nothing happened when I tried to update. To make it easier(this worked for me), move the zip file to sd and unzip/install using handzipper. Trial of the full version let's you use the program for 30 times. Resco explorer's unzip didn't work for me.
    please...try to turn the gsm part on..
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    It seems to have fixed an issue where as my phone would report that I had "no service" but would have strong signal...and I could place or recieve calls without issue. so not sure what that was all about...but havent seen it since I applied the update.

rob
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast