Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Did you see this thread?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=86996

Cheers, Perry
    (A recycle to the bottom of the thread.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/03/2005 at 09:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrider
    There are two ways to tell. You could just look at your charger and see what the "output" is. You can also look under battery (take it out) on the actually phone inside and it will also say. But I will save you the trouble and tell you that is 5.2 v at 1000 mA (or 1 A).
    The standard Treo 650 battery is 1800mAh...
    Why does info inside treo behind the battery say 5.2V max 1A (1000mA) if everyone keeps saying the battery is 1800 mA? What am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryrub
    Why does info inside treo behind the battery say 5.2V max 1A (1000mA) if everyone keeps saying the battery is 1800 mA? What am I missing?
    The info on the phone underneath the battery is not related to the capacity of the battery. The phone has a designed charge rate & voltage, this is what your wall/car charger will show provide.

The battery is 1800 mAh. mAh (milliAmp hours) is the battery's capacity, which is the amount of milliamps multiplied by # hours of use. Given that the Treo 650 uses approx 300 mA during a call (per HoFo_MoFo's tests), the battery will last 6 hours (1800 mAh / 300 mA = 6 h). All batteries are rated in mAh.

The higher the mAh rating, the longer it will last given the same current drain conditions (meaning you test a battery with the same options/apps enabled and working).

In my previous life as an electrical engineer before becoming a firefighter, this is what we did to test out any type of battery - use a commercial battery analyzer which charged a battery up, then drained it using a specific drain current. Once the battery reached 1V/cell, it was considered useless and the mAh was determined by the current drain (mA) multiplied by the # of hours (h).
    Palm IIIxe --> Palm 505 --> Kyocera 6035 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12