1.    #1  
    I have some names with unusual pronunciations that Voice Dialer is not recognizing. I am happy not to teach the program my entire address book, but I can't figure out how to get it to dial some people. HELP!!
    You may need to use a different program that uses your own voice recognition. Voice Dialer Pro is one such program, and is available at Palmgear.com. VoiceSignal does not use voice recognition, so it has problems.

For example, just today I tried to use Voice Signal to call "Marcia" which has a Latin pronunciation, and it kept giving me the wrong name. Instead, I had to say "Marsha" which VoiceSignal does recognize. Voice Dialer Pro, a different program, would have handled this better since you have to actually program in your own voice the correct pronunciation for "Marcia".
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC VZ guy
    I have some names with unusual pronunciations that Voice Dialer is not recognizing. I am happy not to teach the program my entire address book, but I can't figure out how to get it to dial some people. HELP!!
    Do you have the latest version? The version that came on the Treo 650 CD never worked for me. The updated version (1.1.01) works nearly flawless and I have over 2000 contacts.
  4.    #4  
    I have the latest version. PalmOne support claims it only supports American-sounding names. I guess I have to use another software.
    I haven't had any problems. In fact my assistant's last name is Miazga - pronounced MIZ-GAH - and that's how I say it. VoiceSignal reads it back is ME-AHHZ-GA but still nails it every time. I've got lots of odd names in my db and have used it every time I dial and only once did it not find the name - only for me to find out I didn't have that contact registered in my Treo.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com