1.    #1  
    hiya -- i installed the updater a couple weeks ago (when it first came out) and a week or so later i wanted to send an email from my phone (don't use this tons -- have a sep. client for work stuff) and it crashes on start up -- resetting the phone.

i've already synced -- so if it's the db's they're on the backup -- suggestions?
    I've had this happen before and it turned out to be something funky on a recently downloaded email. The best way to resolve this is to clear out any emails on the server that may be causing this issue and then re-setup your Versamail accounts (including clearing out your Versamail folder on the PC you sync with). However, check to see if deleting a few of your recent emails on the server resolves you issue before you do a wholesale cleansing of your Versamail files.
    Here's a link that'll explain how to fix that. that problem seems to happen a lot with mine

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=40,E=0000000000092265109,K=5106,Sxi=10,Case=obj(36541)