Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has there been a hardware revision yet?

Does anybody know if there even needs to be one? The only minor things I've experienced were initially sticky buttons & the slider on the top. The only barely major problem I've experienced was the battery cover being extremely loose. But I remember somebody posting how they kept a spare $20 bill for emergencies underneath the battery -- Great idea, btw!

If there's going to be one, when's it gonna happen??

Reason I'm asking is because I have a lotta friends who want to get this phone, but I recommended they wait just a lil' more because since they've waited this long (not like they were really waiting like I was waiting, but yeah) they might as well get the phone with the hw rev B and sw rev 1.12 . . . .

Any insight, guys?
    Yeah, my battery cover is a bit loose too and it's annoying. Thanks for passing on the tip. I usually keep the $20 buried deep in my wallet.

Why wait though? I love the Treo and besides the battery cover haven't found anything else annoying save for I cannot find where I can buy some of the ORIGINAL stylus (don't want no pen!).

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    I want 1 with a pen. You buy it and I'll send you mine. PM whether or not you are interested.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Far from perfect...

More processing power to run the apps that keep getting larger and more powerful, a TON of more memory (128MB), WiFi, better Bluetooth antennae, and while we're at it more volume out of the box,
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    My CompUSA had the packs of extra Treo 650 styli @ $14.95.
    HP 95LX -> Newton 100 -> Palm III -> Handspring Platinum -> Treo 270 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyTang
    My CompUSA had the packs of extra Treo 650 styli @ $14.95.
    Found it...http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...919&pfp=SEARCH

Only problem, is that's the one with the pen in it....and he said he didn't want one with a pen in it.
  7.    #7  
    Anybody have any status on the hardware revision, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Anybody have any status on the hardware revision, though?
    Trying to steer a discussion thread back to the original topic, huh? And for your next trick, try herding cats!
    -- Josh
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej
    Trying to steer a discussion thread back to the original topic, huh? And for your next trick, try herding cats!
    -- Josh
    The jokes don't stop comin' do they?? If there were unwritten rules to owning a treo or posting at TC...my vote would go toward you writing them. Or unwriting them. Mmm....Somethin' like that. Damn I wish I could be funny!
  10.    #10  
    According to this thread...http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=91411, Hardware Revision B is out now. Could Verizon users check their phone's version to see if they all have Revision B? What about Sprint/Cingular users...anybody else have a B Revision yet??
    Got my VZW Treo 650 about 3 weeks ago, and my phone info screen says "Hardware: A"

Wonder what the changes are? My Treo might have an "accident."
    my sprint is A as well, any sprint B's out there?
    Last edited by BigKenny; 07/26/2005 at 05:37 AM.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Cingular still on A
    mediasi is a she. hint pamela.. lol..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    I just bought a 650 from Verizon in Orange County, CA and it's Hardware: B. They had some A's as well, but I asked them specifically to find a B since I found out it might be out there. I don't really know what the difference is, but I assume it's newer or better in some way. It also came preloaded with software version 1.03.
  16.    #16  
    Soo...anybody get a new Sprint phone recently?? Did you guys get Bs yet?
    Bought mine yesterday and it was Hardware: B. Came with SW version 1.01 VZW but I flashed it to 1.03 without a hitch last night.
  18.    #18  
    How about Sprint phones....any Bs sighted yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Soo...anybody get a new Sprint phone recently?? Did you guys get Bs yet?
    i just bought a sprint treo at best buy 2 weeks ago...mine is an A. anyone have any idea what has changed from A to B?
    Just got my second replacement Sprint 650. How do I tell if it's an A or B?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast