Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    For those who previously experienced a lag time when switching apps, namely (I think) from VersaMail to anything else, and have upgraded, is that lag time eliminated now?
    Thanks,

David...
    The most noticeable lag time (for me) was in the phone application. Since the upgrade, it is much faster. As far as switching between apps, it appears to be faster....or better put, fast enough for me.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    That's good to know. I wonder if it matters if it's a Sprint or Cingular phone? Mine is Cingular Blue, Unlocked, with a 5-7 second delay when switching from Vmail to Phone and I see you're a SPCS user.

David...
    scand, is it true there is no lag with the 1.12 for dialing numbers. I still experience a 1-2 sec lag, albeit it's a great improvement over the 5-8 secs before when dialing. Also, do you suspect it might be my SPSC overlay that allows me to view the call duration?
    1. I only have a 2 second lag when switching from Versamail to Phone. This is probably dependent on the size of your Inbox. I only have a weeks worth of email in my Inbox at a time using Activesync (apx. 130 emails).

2. The lag time for dialing numbers is pretty much gone for me (at least when dialing from the Favorites screen). I also had a SPCS overlay that didn't seem to affect this. However, the overlay did have a conflict with Verichat, so the overlay is gone now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jandrion
    scand, is it true there is no lag with the 1.12 for dialing numbers. I still experience a 1-2 sec lag, albeit it's a great improvement over the 5-8 secs before when dialing. Also, do you suspect it might be my SPSC overlay that allows me to view the call duration?
    Jandrion, did you install a new overlay?
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    1. I only have a 2 second lag when switching from Versamail to Phone. This is probably dependent on the size of your Inbox. I only have a weeks worth of email in my Inbox at a time using Activesync (apx. 130 emails).
    I use Snapper and I dont keep mail in my inbox. Once I've read it, I delete it. I do not experience any significant delay when switching from my email app to any other app.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    yes, i installed a new overlay, i thought that might be the problem, but then I reinstalled everything with a clean original 1.12 and I still experienced a 1-2 sec before actual dial out.
    1-2 seconds is not bad in comparison to how long the delay was before the update. you agree?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I have NOT upgraded, and just today began trying Snapper. The delay when switching between mail & other apps is now nearly gone. However I think the (supposed) volume improvement will be the encouragement to upgrade.
    2 secs - i'll take it. however didn't notice the supposed volume improvement.
    I'm still seeing lags when switching apps--no real improvement.
    The dial lag is gone. The volume seemed worse after the upgrade, so I purchased Volumecare from Jeff Gibson @
    www.gotreosoftware.com

Only $9 and now my Seido 2-in1's are loud enough even when driving. The call volume was so loud it startled me.

Jeff is very responsive and is working on BT volume in the near future.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Oops, forgot to mention I use PXA clocker to overclock the processor. MUCH less lag time.

Use at your own risk however.

do a search for PXA clocker for all the info.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com