1.    #1  
    Can I use MP3 as ringtone for 650? Without using any third party software?

I am pondering if I should buy one(unlocked GSM), please advise me if this phone
    is worth buying, taken into consideration all the "minor" problems I read about in this forum.

Thanks
    mp3 ringers only work with 3rd party Software.
    and people don't usually post about their treo's running smoothly, they
    post to get answers for problems. Plenty of people love their treo's.
    I do, so I say give it a shot.
    [tony]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay96
    Can I use MP3 as ringtone for 650? Without using any third party software?

I am pondering if I should buy one(unlocked GSM), please advise me if this phone
    is worth buying, taken into consideration all the "minor" problems I read about in this forum.

Thanks
    Quite frankly, I have used the Sprint Treo 650 and the unlocked GSM version. The Sprint one had many resets and rather odd behaviors. The unlocked versions (and I've had five of them) did not have any of that behavior. The problem was the terribly low volume. There is minimal improvement of the volume issue with the latest ROM update. However, I understand there is an applcation (Volume Control?) that fixes that problem.

All in all, I would still recommend the Treo for its form factor, ease of use and coolness factor. I'm thinking of getting another and adding the volume control application.
    David
    Actually...

The Treo 650 will use Mp3s as ringtones without installed 3rd party software.

(You have to email the MP3 clip to yourself)

Do a search of this forum for detailed instructions (try "best ringtone site" in the communication section).

Or

just go to www.audio3g.com (on your treo or PC) pc is easier!

find a mp3 ringtone that you like...
    preview it...
    put in your phone number...
    select either "mp3 compatible phone" or your model of phone if on he list...
    select you carrier
    and hit send...

When the message shows up on your phone...
    click on message
    when it opens... click on attached mp3...
    the treo will ask do you want to save... select yes
    the treo will automatically install the Mp3 to the ringer list (found in sound preferences) and save to realplayer.

From here...you can make it the default ringtone or assign it to a specific caller.

Btw... I don't consider realplayer a "3rd party app" because it came with the Treo and is not required to install the mp3 as a ringtone.

note: A third party app is needed to assign a different ringtone to each individual caller or a caller in a specific group...

Docnusum
    Last edited by DocNusum; 07/01/2005 at 02:01 PM.
    DocNusum

Handspring 90-> Handspring Prism-> Handspring 300 ->P1 650

Airborne Army Medic-8 years--> Chicago Paramedic -2 years--> ER Nurse-2 years--> CCRN-2 years--> Currently FNP, PA-C.