1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a software to associate a mp3 file with new e-mails received with Snappermail.

I would like that the mp3 file rings only when I receive new mail, not every time Snappemail checks my accounts.

Could you help me?

Thank
    1. In Snapper/Preferences/Delivery, set your choice of delivery interval, check "New Message Alert" and set the "Alert Tone" volume to 0.

2. Install Butler, enable the Attention Grabber for "Attention Manager" and set the Alert to your favorite mp3 file.
    You know I tried that before, and it never worked. I guess I can try again.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, Bill Gamble,

I followed your advice, but all that I got is that mp3 song plays only as a memo/reminder (x seconds after receiving a new email).

How can Treo play mp3 exactly when it downloads new emails?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    1. In Snapper/Preferences/Delivery, set your choice of delivery interval, check "New Message Alert" and set the "Alert Tone" volume to 0.

2. Install Butler, enable the Attention Grabber for "Attention Manager" and set the Alert to your favorite mp3 file.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellulonetreo
    Thanks, Bill Gamble,

I followed your advice, but all that I got is that mp3 song plays only as a memo/reminder (x seconds after receiving a new email).

How can Treo play mp3 exactly when it downloads new emails?
    I hear what you're saying, but...what possible difference could it make that the email notification plays 10 seconds after downloading instead of instantaneously? What's ten seconds?

The problem is, you see, that there is no way to grant mp3 notification to SM directly; the Butler method is as close as you'll get using SM's own scheduled downloading facility.

But...you can bypass SM's scheduled downloads (and create something akin to a "Push" function) if you set up your email to send you an SMS when mail arrives (for T-Mobile users, that's an email addressed to one's phone number @tmomail.net) and use TreoHelper to trigger SM to download mail upon receipt of that SMS. Combined with the use of one of several ringtone apps (mring, Ringo, etc), you can cause that triggering SMS play an MP3.
    Lightwav

You can associate an mp3 with an application, so that whenever that application issues an alert, that mp3 plays.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Lightwav

You can associate an mp3 with an application, so that whenever that application issues an alert, that mp3 plays.
    Thanks, shopharim. I had forgotton about Lightwav (I don't use it, myself); that might be just what he's looking for.
    Lightwav

I never knew this was a feature of Lightwav (been using it a long time.) Where and how do you set up this feature?
  9.    #9  
    Lightwav

ehm .. this is possible only with old versions of LightWav.

With the recent ones (versions 5.X) you find new program in bundle (called koolalarms), wich doesn't allow this (it rings a mp3 file whenever Snappermail checks evey x minutes if there are new emails from server ...).
    Quote Originally Posted by cellulonetreo
    ehm .. this is possible only with old versions of LightWav.

With the recent ones (versions 5.X) you find new program in bundle (called koolalarms), wich doesn't allow this (it rings a mp3 file whenever Snappermail checks evey x minutes if there are new emails from server ...).
    Maybe I don't understand what you're saying, but isn't this what the original poster wants? IE, having SM play an MP3 file when it finds new mail on the server?
    The problem is that LightWav plays the mp3 associated with SnapperMail whenever SnapperMail has an event (checks for new mail, even if there is none, or performs it's daily routine at 3 A.M.).
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    The problem is that LightWav plays the mp3 associated with SnapperMail whenever SnapperMail has an event (checks for new mail, even if there is none, or performs it's daily routine at 3 A.M.).
    Ugh. Well, if that's the case, then I'd go with either the Butler or the TreoHelper methods mentioned earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Yikes!!! If that's the case, it probably defeats the purpose.

I knew the capability existed (I take it I have an old version). But I didn't use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I never knew this was a feature of Lightwav (been using it a long time.) Where and how do you set up this feature?
    1. Tap on "Alarms"
    2. Scroll down the application list and tap on "Snapper..."
    3. Tap/Select the "Change Sound" option
    4. Select the sound file to use with Snappermail
    1. Tap on "Alarms"
    2. Scroll down the application list and tap on "Snapper..."
    3. Tap/Select the "Change Sound" option
    4. Select the sound file to use with Snappermail
    I don't see any "alarms" to tap on. I guess, as previously mentioned, this feature is only available in earlier versions.