1.    #1  
    Hey everyone. I'm new to the board and new to the treo650. I just got mine last week and am now getting around to syncing it with my work email. We have a MS Exch Server and I set up my Xpress Personal edition w/o a problem. Here's the issue: I can sync calendar/tasks/contacts etc. with my desktop and can receive emails (while I'm out of the office), but i cannot send any emails out. When I send emails out from my treo, it seems that it sends but when I get back to my desktop, I find that all of these "sent" emails are stored in my outbox and are sent soonafter I'm logged back into by PC.

I understand that my desktop has to be unlocked for xpressmail to work, but what I don't understand how I'm actually receiving emails in the first place!
    A wild shot in the dark: Leave the Xpress Mail client running and logged-in and connected. Also, leave Outlook open but minimized (instead of closing it) when you leave work.

Disable all power-save and sleep features.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    thanks, aprasad. The problem is that our PCs at work have this newly instituted auto lock feature where the computers "lock" after 10 mins of idle time.
    I think locking (and then requiring you to cntrl-alt-del and type the passwird to unlock) is OK. It's when the computer essentially shuts down in the power-save mode, that prevents the PC redirector from doing it's thing.

Are background processing (say for example defragmenting the disks) allowed when your PC's are locked? You'll have to ask your IT support...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I lock my computer every night and still send and rec e-mails all night. i am on the beta plan though, wouldn't think that would make much difference though...