1.    #1  
    my treo 600 (14mo old) seems to be broken. they can hear but i can't hear the caller unless i use the speakerphone or earphone. i brought it to the store but there was no easy solution for it. i wonder if there are any other users having the same problems since i see those on sprint forum. i believe it's palm's conspiracy!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    You are not alone! I have the same problem w/my 600. For some reason the speaker at the top of the phone (where you are supposed to put your ear) just stopped working one day. I didn't drop the phone or spill something on it or do anything that logically might account for the malfunction; it just stopped working. I thought it might be some kind of software issue, but nothing I've tried seems to fix it, so it must be a hardware issue. Let me know if you figure out a way to fix it.
  3.    #3  
    well, if you want to fix it, it costs around $175 if it's sprint and not covered. i was told that it's not a software issue by the customer service at the store. when my contract expires, i'll never go back to treo after hearing so many of the same issue and palm has no help for us.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBurn
    You are not alone! I have the same problem w/my 600. For some reason the speaker at the top of the phone (where you are supposed to put your ear) just stopped working one day. I didn't drop the phone or spill something on it or do anything that logically might account for the malfunction; it just stopped working. I thought it might be some kind of software issue, but nothing I've tried seems to fix it, so it must be a hardware issue. Let me know if you figure out a way to fix it.
    You can try to fix it yourself, but you will void your warranty. I fixed mine and its not too hard. Look at my instructions in this post:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83563
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by astroz
    You can try to fix it yourself, but you will void your warranty. I fixed mine and its not too hard. Look at my instructions in this post:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83563
    you're brave! well, i'm out of warranty any way, i'll try it. thanks so much for your input!!
    report back on how it goes because I am going to do the same. I'm just waiting for the delivery of the Torx #5 driver!

Then, it's going to ebay!
  7. khr
    I just had the same problem today with my T600. I found elsewhere on the site that if you plug your headset in and out a few times it can fix the problem. It worked for me!

It seems the problem has to do with the headset input port. If this doesn't work - you probably have to get a new phone.
    Casio BOSS -> Newton -> Palm Personal -> Palm V -> Sony CLIE -> Treo 600 (x3)
    I plugged and unplugged mine at least a thousand times without change. I've tried freedom. I just haven't tried taking it apart.