Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Hi Jeff, I just bought VolumeCare and just want to know if I should do a Softreset after instulling the program.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Please do I have to do a SoftReset after instulling Voicecare before making a call?
    Thanks
    I don't think you have to initally do a softreset, but I usually do when an update comes out.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Volume Care is a must for all Treo 650 owners. Palmone ought to be providing this as a free download because without this the Treo 650 is pretty useless as a phone in a lot of conditions.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I'm finding the GoTreoSoftware site a little confusing. If I buy ProfileCare then does that include Volume Care including the updates?

Is it on Palmgear? I can see Cradle care & a few others but not Volume & Profile..they have 20% until tomorrow..
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sydney
    I'm finding the GoTreoSoftware site a little confusing. If I buy ProfileCare then does that include Volume Care including the updates?

Is it on Palmgear? I can see Cradle care & a few others but not Volume & Profile..they have 20% until tomorrow..
    I have had not time to work on the "Marketing" side of GoTreo Software. Sorry about that!

But right now, I advertise that ProfileCare contains 100% of VolumeCare. I made this statement early on in VolumeCare's life. Then I fond out how to get the big imporvement in volume and chose to first implement those changes in VolumeCare. Now that VolumeCare has grown so big, I need to decide if I am going to port the changes back into ProfileCare. But until I make an official announcement, I am extending free VolumeCare license keys to registered ProfileCare users.

As for Palm Gear. I am no longer listing new products at this partner site. They are now taking as much as 50% of the gross sale of products plus they discount the software on top of that. I simply can not support a pricing plan like this and as a result I am pulling away from Palm Gear.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    Volume Care is a must for all Treo 650 owners. Palmone ought to be providing this as a free download because without this the Treo 650 is pretty useless as a phone in a lot of conditions.
    I appreciate your comments! I too wish Palm would license VolumeCare and make it available to their user population.

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff, I'll give ProfileCare a trial run - I've demo'd VC. I tend to like package deals. If Profile Care (with basic VC Call volume only or whatever) + Volume Care Pro ( ie. current version 3.19 or whatever) was bundled sold at a slightly higher price - then you'd have 3 market positions out of 2 products & I'd still be interested. Let me give PC a go then I'll be back to navigate your site for either both or just VC...Kepp up the great work.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    As for Palm Gear. I am no longer listing new products at this partner site. They are now taking as much as 50% of the gross sale of products plus they discount the software on top of that. I simply can not support a pricing plan like this and as a result I am pulling away from Palm Gear.

Jeff
    50% of Gross! Good lord that's ridiculous!
    I've purchased tons of software from PalmGear over the years and I've also read similar complaints about increasing sales commissions. They won't be my first choice any more...
    Hi Jeff,

I tried your demo and it expired on thursday so i obviously coughed up the dough and bought it. When i installed the version i downloaded it came up as a demo, so no problem, i uninstalled figuring it just loaded over the expired demo prefs, then reinstalled. Only problem is when i try to put in the serial number and i go back it still says unregistered. I am afraid that this is just another demo i am running. What can i do about this?

thank you, i can see you are a guy who cares and is honest enought to be here responding to our concerns, for which i am extremely grateful. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by delyon
    Hi Jeff,

I tried your demo and it expired on thursday so i obviously coughed up the dough and bought it. When i installed the version i downloaded it came up as a demo, so no problem, i uninstalled figuring it just loaded over the expired demo prefs, then reinstalled. Only problem is when i try to put in the serial number and i go back it still says unregistered. I am afraid that this is just another demo i am running. What can i do about this?

thank you, i can see you are a guy who cares and is honest enought to be here responding to our concerns, for which i am extremely grateful. I look forward to hearing from you.
    The demo version will be converted into the relased version as soon as you enter a valid license key. 99% of the time when a license key will not register, it is because the HotSync ID you supplied during the ordering process does not match the HotSync ID stored in your Treo. This name is *case* sensitive and this has been the major cause of keys not registering. The other has been people not really knowing what their HotSync ID is or where to find it. For this case, I have created a simple utility that will display your hotsync id for you. Simply point your Treo's browser to: http://GoTreoSoftware.com/downloads/...yHotSyncID.prc and accept the applicaiton into either "Applications" or into "card". Then run the program after the download is complete. Then send me (GoTreo@wideopenwest.com) exactly what the HotSync ID is that is displayed by this little utility. I will then make sure a valid license key is send to you ASAP. (Of cource this process will be expedited if you supply proof of purchase in teh email to me).

Hope this helps.....

Jeff
    HI Jeff,

I didnt realise it was done like that, I have sent you an email with the relevant information.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by delyon
    HI Jeff,

I didnt realise it was done like that, I have sent you an email with the relevant information.

thanks
    I have processed all the orders and license key requests to date. Have you gotten your information?

Jeff
    I actually didnt get anything other than the email you sent earlier. Still no new code.

In the email was the Hotsync ID adn the proof of purchase. What else do i need to send?
    Jeff,

I am a little confused. I purchased Profile Care 1.4.4 about three or four weeks ago. I also installed Volume Care 3.06a. I only really need the volume controls for my 650, not the other stuff associated with Profile Care...probably because I'm just too lazy to implement and test all the different settings in PC.

Should I just delete Profile Care through FileZ or how else can I uninstall it?
    Do I have the latest version of Volume Care and if not where do I get it?
    Do I need to purchase Volume Care to get all the features?
    Does the latest version of VC deal with BT volume issues?

Thanks as always for your great work.

Bioguy
    Quote Originally Posted by bioguy
    Jeff,

I am a little confused. I purchased Profile Care 1.4.4 about three or four weeks ago. I also installed Volume Care 3.06a. I only really need the volume controls for my 650, not the other stuff associated with Profile Care...probably because I'm just too lazy to implement and test all the different settings in PC.
    If you call me, I will get you up and running in less than 10 minutes with ProfileCare. Once you do the initial configuration, you will not need to touch it again.

Should I just delete Profile Care through FileZ or how else can I uninstall it?
    I think you should take me up on the phone call first.

Do I have the latest version of Volume Care and if not where do I get it?
    http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=16
    [quote]Do I need to purchase Volume Care to get all the features?[/qupte]
    If you are a registered ProfileCare user, you are entitled to a free VolumeCare license key. Just send me (GoTreo@wideopenwest.com) and email with proof of purchase and your HotSync ID.
    Does the latest version of VC deal with BT volume issues?
    Not yet. I am trying though.

Jeff
    Thanks, Jeff. I think I figured it all out. I'm looking for my proof of purchase. I know I did it through Paypal. I'll be in touch soon.

Bioguy
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    does the newest ProfileCare include the newest VC yet?

Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    V2.18 at the moment. ProfileCare hase VC included - bit not the latest version of VC, yet.

See http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=85524
    I just downloaded a trial version of VolumeControl and I was wondering if it was compatible with bluetooth speakerphones? I did not sense any change in volume using the BT device, I did see an change in the phones speakerphone though.
    I tried v3.0x and found it to not be better than v2.18. I found that the sound was louder w/2.18 and I was willing to deal with the call waiting issues. I haven't tried any of the recent versions.

For those that had tried 2.18 as well as the recent versions (3.18), have you found the new versions to be as loud as 2.18 ?

Your feedback/input is appreciated. Thanks !
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast