Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DDMTREO
    Does this work with Sprint with firmware 1.12?
    Absolutely!

Stay tuned. VC will get even better!! I am working on a new release that I hope to have out tonight.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    The volume levels inside of VC are for the initial volume levels during a call not the maximum levels. You can control the volume all the way up to the new maximum level with the volume keys during the call.
    Jeff,

If I understand this correctly, this means that the VC volume sliders do not represent a variable "gain" level, but an absolute volume level (initial volume as you say)...so the gain that you apply is pretty much fixed? With VC activated, are you adding a fixed db level no matter what volume level you set with the sliders or side volume keys??

Thanks!
    I have also provided the ability to adjust the MIC volume *while* you are on a call with the key sequence Option+5-WayUP/DOWN. This allows you to fine tune your MIC sensitivity based on your environemnt!!
    Jeff
    I am using a sprint treo 650 and I have version 2.21 of VC and it is registered. How can I enable this feature (option plus 5-way up/down) or is it done by default? Is VC in any way connected to the side volume bar? how can increse the headset speaker during a call? how about the speaker phone speaker? Do I have to open the VC program and do it manually? I have "enabled" checked. Should i also check "force up to VC volume"? How about the green LED check box? should that be checked?

should i map VC to to the side button on the volume control?
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Quote Originally Posted by mobidutch
    Jeff,

If I understand this correctly, this means that the VC volume sliders do not represent a variable "gain" level, but an absolute volume level (initial volume as you say)...so the gain that you apply is pretty much fixed? With VC activated, are you adding a fixed db level no matter what volume level you set with the sliders or side volume keys??

Thanks!
    Today that is correct. I have a build in development that will allow for a variable "boost" gain. Should have it ready for later tonight or tomorrow.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by southbound747
    I am using a sprint treo 650 and I have version 2.21 of VC and it is registered. How can I enable this feature (option plus 5-way up/down) or is it done by default? Is VC in any way connected to the side volume bar? how can increse the headset speaker during a call? how about the speaker phone speaker? Do I have to open the VC program and do it manually? I have "enabled" checked. Should i also check "force up to VC volume"? How about the green LED check box? should that be checked?

should i map VC to to the side button on the volume control?
    the Option+5way keys are active during a call if you have MIC volume enabled.

The volume button is your main way to raise and lower volume during a call. You can continue to raise/lower your volume beyond the limits of the graphic display for the phone volume. Just keep pressing!

The sliders describe the *starting* or *initial* volume levels for each call.

All this will change in the next release that I will put out later tonight or tomorrow. I am trying for a more powerful and intutitive user interface.

Jeff
    yes, also getting full- duplex bluetooth voice along with stereo music (despite what Palm says about non-existent drivers, etc.) would be an awesome paradigm jump for me.

I bought the Bluewalkers thinking I could get them to work via bluetooth with the Treo, but apparently it's not a possiblity - yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss
    yes, also getting full- duplex bluetooth voice along with stereo music (despite what Palm says about non-existent drivers, etc.) would be an awesome paradigm jump for me.

I bought the Bluewalkers thinking I could get them to work via bluetooth with the Treo, but apparently it's not a possiblity - yet.
    I dont' think I have access to enough of the BT subsystem to make it a full duplex device.

I am however going to try and get BT enabled so you can listen to non-phone audio through the device. Want to complete VC first.

Jeff
    All,

I have released a version 3.00 of VolumeCare today!

This is a new approach to VolumeCare! You now have control over the starting volume for phone calls *and* you now have control over the amount of "boost" you will get for each speaker type. This will allow you to control the "hiss" v.s. the overall loudness of the speaker. You can now adjust the Boost and the Volume in the VC interface.

As always, the Volume Buttons will function as normal and are your primary means for changing the volume during a call.

The "Back Speaker and Stereo headset" options are unchanged. I will work on putting a filter on this options in a future release. Currently these options will set the volume boost of the Back speaker and stereo headsets for all *non* phone related sounds. A future release will allow you to specify the applications when these volume configurations will be enforced. So for the time being, you may not want to enable these options.

VolumeCare V3.00

Jeff
    Jeff,

I'm trying to register for the V3.00 but both mytreo.net and handango.com still has the old version. How can I pay and get the code ? BTW, I love your software. It is THE best SF for the 650. It is a MUST ! Keep up with the good work !!

KeNg
    Quote Originally Posted by kittiyut
    Jeff,

I'm trying to register for the V3.00 but both mytreo.net and handango.com still has the old version. How can I pay and get the code ? BTW, I love your software. It is THE best SF for the 650. It is a MUST ! Keep up with the good work !!

KeNg
    V3.00 is an Early Access Release candicate for then next 24 hours or so. Before I officially release, I put the release in this staging area first. This allows for a couple of days of field testing before I make it officially available. The same license key that you use for a previous version will work in this version.

Jeff
    V3.00 is an Early Access Release candicate for then next 24 hours or so. Before I officially release, I put the release in this staging area first. This allows for a couple of days of field testing before I make it officially available. The same license key that you use for a previous version will work in this version.

Jeff
    So I can buy a license key for the older version and apply it to the new version ?
    Or install the older version, unlock it, then install the newer one (V 3.00) on top ?
    KeNg
    Last edited by kittiyut; 07/11/2005 at 12:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kittiyut
    So I can buy a license key for the older version and apply it to the new version ?
    Or install the older version, unlock it, then install the newer one (V 3.00) on top ?
    KeNg
    Either way. makes no difference.

Jeff
    Is there any difference between 3.00 and 3.01? The program works really well but the speakerphone and back speaker settings don't work well for me. The speakerphone boost works, but it sounds pretty bad. Even at normal volumes, the quality of the sound is very scratchy. Turning VC off reveals how clear the stock speakerphone is even at much higher volume levels than VC.

The back speaker boost doesn't seem to do anything on my Sprint 650. My MP3 ringers are the exact same volume whether it's checked (and boosted all the way up) or unchecked. The same goes for all of the other sounds that come out of the back speaker like the noise that it makes when you eject and reinsert your SD card.

Edit: I found part of the problem with the back speaker. I'm using Phone Technician and was using the Hobbyist MP3 player for ringers. It isn't affected by VC, but switching to PTunes for MP3 ringers fixed the problem. I now get a slight volume boost for my ringers.
    Last edited by 2000 Man; 07/12/2005 at 10:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Is there any difference between 3.00 and 3.01? The program works really well but the speakerphone and back speaker settings don't work well for me. The speakerphone boost works, but it sounds pretty bad. Even at normal volumes, the quality of the sound is very scratchy. Turning VC off reveals how clear the stock speakerphone is even at much higher volume levels than VC.
    The difference is very minor. I included more tutorial screens. I made no changes to speaker or volume features.

Edit: I found part of the problem with the back speaker. I'm using Phone Technician and was using the Hobbyist MP3 player for ringers. It isn't affected by VC, but switching to PTunes for MP3 ringers fixed the problem. I now get a slight volume boost for my ringers.
    I can understand this. I have not done any sort of "enforcement" of volume for the external speaker. What I need to do is *wait* for a specified application to start up and do its configuration of the speaker. Then VC can come in and make its changes.

Jeff
    The volume boost for the back speaker was due solely to pockettunes and not to VC (as you had mentioned). VC does nothing to boost the back speaker for MP3 ringers.
    Hi Jeff

what is the effect of VC "starting volume" if I am currently using Profiles to set different volumes for different profiles?

what role does the menu option of forcing to VC settings play in all this?

All,

I have released a version 3.00 of VolumeCare today!

This is a new approach to VolumeCare! You now have control over the starting volume for phone calls *and* you now have control over the amount of "boost" you will get for each speaker type. This will allow you to control the "hiss" v.s. the overall loudness of the speaker. You can now adjust the Boost and the Volume in the VC interface.

As always, the Volume Buttons will function as normal and are your primary means for changing the volume during a call.

The "Back Speaker and Stereo headset" options are unchanged. I will work on putting a filter on this options in a future release. Currently these options will set the volume boost of the Back speaker and stereo headsets for all *non* phone related sounds. A future release will allow you to specify the applications when these volume configurations will be enforced. So for the time being, you may not want to enable these options.

VolumeCare V3.00

Jeff
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colinq
    what is the effect of VC "starting volume" if I am currently using Profiles to set different volumes for different profiles?
    Currently PC does not tie the volume levels to a profle, it is a global setting. Basically, VC in PC aims to do the same thing as VC standalone, except that VC standalone is a few revisions further along in feature set. If you use both PC as well as VC standalone, disable the VC settings in PC.
    Currently PC does not tie the volume levels to a profle, it is a global setting. Basically, VC in PC aims to do the same thing as VC standalone, except that VC standalone is a few revisions further along in feature set. If you use both PC as well as VC standalone, disable the VC settings in PC.
    I am looking into the possibility of making these volume controls available in a profile within PC rather than global settings.

Jeff
    I am not using ProfileCare but rather the free Profiles

so if this is the way VolumeCare works, then it should essentially be overriding Profiles?

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colinq
    I am not using ProfileCare but rather the free Profiles so if this is the way VolumeCare works, then it should essentially be overriding Profiles?
    More like working complimentary to the free Profiles. Profiles can control the ringer volumes of phone, alerts, alarms etc. but does not let you tinker with the volume settings of the handset, speakerphone etc.