Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    this is truely amazing Jeff!!! these are settings that are usually only tweaked when palmone deos a firmware upgrade. but palmone is very slow to do realy fixes. why wouldn't they make the volume loud from the get go?!! anyway Jeff, thanx for everything.
    Jeff,

After 6 PAINFULL months, the my Treo Unlocked 650 phone.........actually has a functioning phone! I have been suprised it took a developer this long to cure one of the 650's biggest ills. I can hear the other party! What a concept Palm!!

Thanks for the Volume Care. I only picked up the trial, but I will definately be purchasing the program.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlstang
    YIPPY!!! FINALLY!! I can hear the other party, even on a busy traffic street - amazing!

Stray from v2.18 that $hit DID NOT work. After installing & enabling it made no difference.
    No comment.

But this version sure did make a difference. Although at first I set every option to the highest & it caused "echoes" when I placed a call. But after some tweaking, I was able to set the volume loud enough not to hear echo but yet adequate to hear the caller.
    Please do *NOT* set the default volume levels to MAXIMUM! This is not needed. The volume levels inside of VC are for the initial volume levels during a call not the maximum levels. You can control the volume all the way up to the new maximum level with the volume keys during the call.

The only setting that I recomment be close to the maximum is the MIC adjustment. One or 2 clicks from the MAX is just about optimal.

In case you need the link to download the app, here it is again! ENJOY!
    VolumeCare v2.21
    Very nice..... Thanks,

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    this is truely amazing Jeff!!! these are settings that are usually only tweaked when palmone deos a firmware upgrade. but palmone is very slow to do realy fixes. why wouldn't they make the volume loud from the get go?!! anyway Jeff, thanx for everything.
    You are welcome! I am trying to provide some increase for BT but still have not gotten "significant" increases. I have gotten some (~ 10%) and will add those soon.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by mullva
    Jeff,

After 6 PAINFULL months, the my Treo Unlocked 650 phone.........actually has a functioning phone! I have been suprised it took a developer this long to cure one of the 650's biggest ills. I can hear the other party! What a concept Palm!!

Thanks for the Volume Care. I only picked up the trial, but I will definately be purchasing the program.
    Happy to hear you are finding value in the solution! Every time I hear this I also feel the same myself. Kind of like the hair club for men commercial .....

Jeff
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Jeff,
    I really like this software but I am still getting that hissing sound everytime I use rocker swtich to boost volume provided by VC. Not sure if anyone else having this problem or rather not finding it annoying or irritating, but it really makes hard to hear the other person on line.
    I am really looking forward that you will be able to fix it very soon.
    Keep up the great work...
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk
    Jeff,
    I really like this software but I am still getting that hissing sound everytime I use rocker swtich to boost volume provided by VC. Not sure if anyone else having this problem or rather not finding it annoying or irritating, but it really makes hard to hear the other person on line.
    I am really looking forward that you will be able to fix it very soon.
    Keep up the great work...
    I am not sure I can do much about this but I will send you a special build late tomorrow night if you will send me your email address. Send it to GoTreo@wideopenwest.com

I have something I can try but would rather not put it on the open forum until you have a change to try it.

Again won't be able to get it to you until late tomorrow night.

Jeff
    Jeff-

Want to download your Volume Care software but you are asking for Hot Sync ID # and the .prc application to identify just shows up as gobbledygook when I try to use it. I'm a Mac user. Is that the problem?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I am not sure I can do much about this but I will send you a special build late tomorrow night if you will send me your email address. Send it to GoTreo@wideopenwest.com

I have something I can try but would rather not put it on the open forum until you have a change to try it.

Again won't be able to get it to you until late tomorrow night.

Jeff
    I just PM you on the mentioned email. thanks for the quick reply & appreciate your dedication.
    I installed VolumeCare for the first time...the latest version too:2.21 and didn't notice any difference. I'm using sprint w/firmware1.12. And yes, I "enabled" VolumeCare AND did a soft reset. Any thoughts why its not working for me?...
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Peter_Wright-

I'm a mac user too. You need to download the file holding the option key down. THEN, you need to change the ".txt" at the end to ".prc". The mac will ask if you really want to do that- click yes. Then install--- works fine. It would be nice if Jeff would make this a more mac friendly download, but it works...
    On a somewhat related note, my vibrate mode seems to have gotten softer of late (perhaps the 1.30 firmware). Any chance of looking into that, too Jeff? Being able to have any control over how the vibration wroks would be an great boon.
    been having wierd issues ever since installing VC - hissing, call waiting call-in is muted, some random callers become hard to hear at all, during one call voice drops to nothing. Needs more time for this one.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Jeff, when I try to go to your web page, I get the message:

"There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server, sorry for the inconvenience.

We should be back shortly."

Is there a problem Jeff?
    Quote Originally Posted by leemedic
    Jeff, when I try to go to your web page, I get the message:

"There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server, sorry for the inconvenience.

We should be back shortly."

Is there a problem Jeff?
    I was traveling today and was not monitoring the system for a few hours. MySQL crashed. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/eek.gif Its up now.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    been having wierd issues ever since installing VC - hissing, call waiting call-in is muted, some random callers become hard to hear at all, during one call voice drops to nothing. Needs more time for this one.
    What version are you using?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    On a somewhat related note, my vibrate mode seems to have gotten softer of late (perhaps the 1.30 firmware). Any chance of looking into that, too Jeff? Being able to have any control over how the vibration wroks would be an great boon.
    I don't think there is anything I can do about this one.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Peter_Wright-

I'm a mac user too. You need to download the file holding the option key down. THEN, you need to change the ".txt" at the end to ".prc". The mac will ask if you really want to do that- click yes. Then install--- works fine. It would be nice if Jeff would make this a more mac friendly download, but it works...
    My download wite is pure PHP. I will talk to my web team and see if there is anything they can do to change this behavior.

You can alway download right into your Treo!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by BoNoTrEo
    I installed VolumeCare for the first time...the latest version too:2.21 and didn't notice any difference. I'm using sprint w/firmware1.12. And yes, I "enabled" VolumeCare AND did a soft reset. Any thoughts why its not working for me?...
    I think this is probably a usage error. I need to change/improve the UI to be more intuitive. The sliders are only the default volume levels. You need to use the volume buttons like normal to raise the volume past the maximum shown on the phone's volume graphic "bar" display during a call.

Jeff
    Does this work with Sprint with firmware 1.12?
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast