Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Version 2.2 doesn't go as loud as some previous versions. Can you crank it back up a bit at the top level?

**Edit**
    I just tried again. I have the handset at full blast, but when I make a call, I have to use the side button to crank it up more. At that point, I can set it at a good volume for a noisy environment. Full blast in VolumeCare without using the side button is very good for a quiet environment.
    I am not sure I completely understand. Do you mean after you start a call and after you press&hold the volume up button well past the graphic display, then you hit the side button, you get additional volume? Is call waiting involved here in any way?

Are you refering to the handset, speaker phone or headset speaker volume?

Jeff
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Jeff,
    as I mentioned earlier, I am still having the problem of hissing sound + when I am dialing a contact with handset speaker my volume starts out very low but increases using the volume rocker switch & if I switch to speakerphone mode during the same call my speakerphone volume starts out extremely low even lower than the default p1 volume set to max without VC & increases only when I use the rocker switch. My settings for VC are 80 % for both handset & speakerphone. currently using VC 2.20 with unlocked TMO 650.
    Its a great software but this problems stops me from using it.
    Wish you able to fix it in later versions.
    2.19 & 2.20 seem to be broken for me.

I hardly get any sound increase on the handset volume. Plus at times I have to do the speaker phone "trick" before I can hear anything at all ???

I've gone back to 2.16 and turbo mode is back and it's seems to be working 100%

I've tried the "Force" tick box, but it did not make any difference.

Plus recently I've been having lots of resets. Too soon to say if 2.19 etc were causing this, but it lookes like they were, time will tell and I'll post again my results.

Chas

T650 Orange GSM 1.21
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I am not sure I completely understand. Do you mean after you start a call and after you press&hold the volume up button well past the graphic display, then you hit the side button, you get additional volume? Is call waiting involved here in any way?

Are you refering to the handset, speaker phone or headset speaker volume?

Jeff
    Just the handset and no call waiting involved. I just did my usual test of calling voicemail.

1. Installed 2.20. No reboot was required this time.
    2. Handset is selected and set to full blast in VolumeCare. VolumeCare is enabled.
    3. I call voicemail. Volume is a little louder than without VolumeCare, but not a lot.
    4. I use the side toggle button to raise the volume and it gets much louder. I also pushed the bottom side button and the volume does stay much louder.

I guess I just assumed that if the handset is set to full blast in VolumeCare that you wouldn't be able to go higher while you're on a call. I guess that's just how you can get it to go to 11.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman

I agree Jeff Gibson is the most responsive developer I've ever seen.

*cough* Marc *cough*
    Upon further review, VolumeCare wasn't quite at full blast. I could have sworn I had it at full blast.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk
    Jeff,
    as I mentioned earlier, I am still having the problem of hissing sound + when I am dialing a contact with handset speaker my volume starts out very low but increases using the volume rocker switch & if I switch to speakerphone mode during the same call my speakerphone volume starts out extremely low even lower than the default p1 volume set to max without VC & increases only when I use the rocker switch. My settings for VC are 80 % for both handset & speakerphone. currently using VC 2.20 with unlocked TMO 650.
    Its a great software but this problems stops me from using it.
    Wish you able to fix it in later versions.
    I'm using VC 2.18 and having the same issues. I just called someone and there was a hissing sound and the my voice seemed "muffled" to the other person on the line and didn't reflect the initial setting I had in VC preferences.

Also, the speakerphone AND in-ear volume didn't increase that much when I tried pressing the volume UP button. In an earlier version (1.19?? can't remember...) the increase was substantial in both in-ear and speakerphone volumes.

Using verizon treo.
    I just downloaded VC 2.20 and same thing as noted above... in-ear and speakerphone volumes and mic (set at 70-80%) are not as loud and clear as the earlier version of VC provided.

Hissing sound is evident and mic volume seems to be too low for other person on phone to pick up my voice.
    Ok. I will go back and re-work the changes from 1.16 to 2.20.

I was trying a few things and my testing showed it all worked well but the field trials are saying something much different.

I will have a new release out in a couple of hours.

Jeff

EDIT: I made a few changes and this should be the same as the previous release that gave good volume behavior. Version 2.21 is now available.
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 07/07/2005 at 12:57 PM.
    Jeff,

Indeed - the same holds for me. Version 2.2 is not as effective as 2.19 with my 650 GSM unlocked phone. It is a little louder, but not like 2.19...

David
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I agree, the volume is not as loud as in 2.18
    Version 2.21 is now available. Did this restore the volume?

Jeff
    Yes, it's louder. I did a reset after installation which may or may not have helped.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Hi Jeff,

After having 2 Treo 650's in the past year (both GSM & CDMA) and returned both because of volume issues, I am proud to say that I have just ordered another one to use with Sprint ONLY because I am excited to try VolumeCare!!
    It is the only reason I ordered another 650 to try.
    Not even going for the trial of VolumeCare...going straight to buy it along with Profilecare.
    Anyone who puts this much thought and energy in a program for us ALL to use and to improve our equipment deserves my few dollars.
    Eric

P.S. **Note to Palm** I am only buying the Treo 650 again due to Jeff Gibson's Volumecare program. If not for this the Treo would not be in my hands again.
    Last edited by ericroberts; 07/07/2005 at 02:33 PM.
    Hi Jeff,

Just tried version 2.21... it is louder and seems to be back to the great mode of 2.18. I deleted the previous version on the 650, installed the new one, and did need to do a soft reset afterwards. But so far, so good.

Thanks again.

David
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidA
    Hi Jeff,

Just tried version 2.21... it is louder and seems to be back to the great mode of 2.18. I deleted the previous version on the 650, installed the new one, and did need to do a soft reset afterwards. But so far, so good.

Thanks again.

David
    Thanks for the feedback!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by ericroberts
    Hi Jeff,

After having 2 Treo 650's in the past year (both GSM & CDMA) and returned both because of volume issues, I am proud to say that I have just ordered another one to use with Sprint ONLY because I am excited to try VolumeCare!!
    It is the only reason I ordered another 650 to try.
    Not even going for the trial of VolumeCare...going straight to buy it along with Profilecare.
    Anyone who puts this much thought and energy in a program for us ALL to use and to improve our equipment deserves my few dollars.
    Eric

P.S. **Note to Palm** I am only buying the Treo 650 again due to Jeff Gibson's Volumecare program. If not for this the Treo would not be in my hands again.
    Wow Eric! I appreciate your comments and am very happy to hear you are re-joining the Treo community.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Yes, it's louder. I did a reset after installation which may or may not have helped.
    Thanks for the quick feedback! How about the second call/call waiting behavior? Any early results on this. I can not seen to reproduce this behavior with either my Sprint CDMA or my unlocked GSM 650.

Jeff
    YIPPY!!! FINALLY!! I can hear the other party, even on a busy traffic street - amazing!

Stray from v2.18 that $hit DID NOT work. After installing & enabling it made no difference.

But this version sure did make a difference. Although at first I set every option to the highest & it caused "echoes" when I placed a call. But after some tweaking, I was able to set the volume loud enough not to hear echo but yet adequate to hear the caller.

In case you need the link to download the app, here it is again! ENJOY!
    VolumeCare v2.21
    - Treo often imitated; never duplicated!
    OH, now who is going to pay for my Doctor's bill? I think I rupture my eardrum!
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast