Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidA
    Hi,

VolumeCare works great and indeed fixes the headset volume in the Treo 650 GSM Unlocked. But the call waiting issue - the volume drop - does still occur, and I could not fix it by using the side key once or twice. Also, I noticed that now - even though the keypad sound was off on my phone - the keypad sound is now on....

Would it be possible to fix these minor issues with the next version of VolumeCare?

Thanks from all of us,

David
    I am adding a GSM phone to my test lab later this week. I will put this on my priority list once the phone gets here.

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff - I will stay tuned. In the meanwhile, note that everything else works (that I have tested): especially the volume problem. I think that if the call waiting problem is repaired, you will be at 100%. But even now, the vast improvement in sound is worth these minor complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidA
    Thanks Jeff - I will stay tuned. In the meanwhile, note that everything else works (that I have tested): especially the volume problem. I think that if the call waiting problem is repaired, you will be at 100%. But even now, the vast improvement in sound is worth these minor complaints.
    I agree. Just a validation. Does toggling the sound speaker modes restore the volume in the call waiting problem?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman

I agree Jeff Gibson is the most responsive developer I've ever seen.

$9 well spent.

Thanks Jeff for a GREAT, "must have" app. My Seido 2-in-1's and this app have ended my search for an MP3 Player .
    I went with Profilecare just to get the Volumecare key. I have yet to play with Profilecare but feel that Volumecare was worth the extra few dollars, and I am sure that Profilecare will be a pleasure to use. I also downloaded powerup from go treo and it looks promising. I don't have any uncalled for resets, but it's nice to know that there is a program out there that will turn on the phone, and bring you to the place you want to be on the Treo at restart.

Jeff - you are easily the best developer I have come across in my short time dealing with Palm Apps. Keep up the good work....
    Last edited by dapastaguy; 07/06/2005 at 07:24 AM. Reason: speel check
    Samsung SCH3500 - Sanyo 4900 - Samsung I500 - Treo 650, and loving it!!!
    Hi Jeff,

Not sure if you had answered this already as, at first glance, i didn't find an answer....
    Others have mentioned this and wonder if there was a solution: On my Verizon Treo 650, I dial out and then activate the speakerphone. The initial volume seems to be "normal" -- as in NOT boosted by volumecare, although i have set the preferences to be about 60-70% level for the speakerphone volume.
    However, when I press the side volume up button once, WHAM, big boost, as if VC is now activated. I then usually bring it down one or two notches.

Has there been a fix for this so that the side button usage is unnecessary? I'm was using VC 2.8 (prelease??) although I have just purchased the 2.18 version and awaiting an unlock key and/or new .prc file.

Thanks for your hard work and a GREAT program.

Regards,
    Joel
    Try it at 80-90% instead of 60-70%.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Just istalled 2.18.......got an incoming call and the volume was so low I couldn't hear caller....rocker button did nothing to raise levels.....I have the settings at 80% or so.......Jeff?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    Just istalled 2.18.......got an incoming call and the volume was so low I couldn't hear caller....rocker button did nothing to raise levels.....I have the settings at 80% or so.......Jeff?
    Try 2.19 now out. Make sure that you click enable and each function check box. 2.18 install unchecks these boxes (as does 2.19).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik57
    Try 2.19 now out. Make sure that you click enable and each function check box. 2.18 install unchecks these boxes (as does 2.19).
    Perfect. You can also toggle the speakerphone on/off and this will also restore the volume.

Jeff
    Everything you say makes sense. Perhaps by design it makes sense to
    have the volume not as loud as your app provides because the assuption
    is that most folks will have their cell-phones close by and will be able to
    hear it. But as many of are we are not most folks. My Treo650 is my
    only phone. (Don't wanna pay the extra bucks for a landline) and I can
    now hear the treo (thanks to your app) when I'm in the house and the
    treo is in the yard.

Great App....
    An 80-90% setting in VC had the same results: the volume for the speakerphone -- AND the in-ear speaker for that matter -- does not reflect the default values I specify in VC UNTIL I press the volume rocker up. Even after a soft reset...

Anyone else have this issue? Solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik57

dont see 2.19 anywhere.....
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    have you set the option FORCE TO VC LEVEL in options?
    - Wouter
    Quote Originally Posted by jr-artist
    An 80-90% setting in VC had the same results: the volume for the speakerphone -- AND the in-ear speaker for that matter -- does not reflect the default values I specify in VC UNTIL I press the volume rocker up. Even after a soft reset...

Anyone else have this issue? Solution?
    Version 2.20 has just been posted. I found a couple of errors and also changed a few things to stop this behavior. Can you try and let me know if my changes improve these bahaviors?

Version 2.20

Jeff
    Version 2.2 doesn't go as loud as some previous versions. Can you crank it back up a bit at the top level?

**Edit**
    I just tried again. I have the handset at full blast, but when I make a call, I have to use the side button to crank it up more. At that point, I can set it at a good volume for a noisy environment. Full blast in VolumeCare without using the side button is very good for a quiet environment.
    Last edited by convbcuda; 07/07/2005 at 07:06 AM.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    You mean version 2.20. It's not hard to understand people
    Jeff. No reset required when going from ver 2.19 to 2.20? I just d/l'd 2.20 straight to my 650 and it installed and kept my settings w/out a reset. Is this normal?
    Just wanted to add my congratulations to Jeff for a great, ESSENTIAL, piece of software. Installed yesterday and in fact it CAN be too loud (had to dial it down a notch or two twice yesterday). It was great to actually hear the other person while on the street.

PS - Jeff and Shadowmite are neck and neck in my book as top programmers plugging the holes in the PalmOne bucket!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    You mean version 2.20. It's not hard to understand people
    Sorry, my typing program must have dropped the zero.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast