Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I want to get this as well for my GSM phone, but I'm wary about the call waiting issue. If this is resolved I'll pick it up.
    Is this app (and ProfileCare) compatible with PhoneTechnician? I would love to keep my MP3 ringtone, but tone the volume down a bit at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    I want to get this as well for my GSM phone, but I'm wary about the call waiting issue. If this is resolved I'll pick it up.
    The call waiting issue is a small thing right now. When you do get a call, you just need to toggle between speakers and your volume is restored. When it drops, it only drops to the "old" volume level. I am working on this issue, but I wouldn't let this stop you from using the product.

I will come up with a solution to this behavior.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Is this app (and ProfileCare) compatible with PhoneTechnician? I would love to keep my MP3 ringtone, but tone the volume down a bit at night.
    Sure! PC will allow you to adjust the volume to the level you desire.

Right now the standalone back speaker option is binary. Its either on or off. I plan to add a program filter for this option so that it will only effect the back speaker volume when selected programs are running.

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

Great program - VC works as advertised and I've had no problems.

Question - Can it be run from a memory card (I use linkstart) or does it have to be in main memory?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe
    Hi Jeff,

Great program - VC works as advertised and I've had no problems.

Question - Can it be run from a memory card (I use linkstart) or does it have to be in main memory?

Thanks
    Unless 'linkstart' can pass operating system notifications, then the answer is *no*. VolumeCare, like all other programs that run in the background, needs to run from RAM. You should actually get an error message if you try to run it from the SD card.

Jeff
    shadowrtype, thanks for starting the thread! As soon as I saw it, I thought, oh cool, could this be talking about the program I was hoping to find? And woohoo, so it is!
    I just downloaded it, and though I'm just starting to test it out, I already can tell the difference. I called my voicemail and for once, the headset was actually too loud! I am very happy and thrilled with my 650, but definitely could notice the low volume issue. For the most part I have been able to make do, but sometimes in noisier environments, it has been a struggle. Well, I think this will take care of the issue! Thank you, Jeff Gibson, for developing it!!
    All,

I have posted a new version (v2.19) of VolumeCare to the Early Access Release part of my web site.

This version should do a better job of handing call waiting volume drops. If for some reason you do still get a volume drop, I have added a HotKey that should instantly restore the volume. Just hit the Treo 650's side button once (sometimes twice) and your volume will be restored to VC levels.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    All,

I have posted a new version (v2.19) of VolumeCare to the Early Access Release part of my web site.

This version should do a better job of handing call waiting volume drops. If for some reason you do still get a volume drop, I have added a HotKey that should instantly restore the volume. Just hit the Treo 650's side button once (sometimes twice) and your volume will be restored to VC levels.

Jeff
    Well, you just got my business with this update. You and Marc Blank have made my Palm experience an enjoyable one. I've never met any developers as in-tune to their customers as you all are. Thanks Jeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    Well, you just got my business with this update. You and Marc Blank have made my Palm experience an enjoyable one. I've never met any developers as in-tune to their customers as you all are. Thanks Jeff!
    You are welcome and thank you for the complement!

So I take it, this new 'side button' solution works for you? I see that it works in my test lab, but I am very interested in field reports!

Jeff
    Jeff,

I just installed 2.18 trial yesterday, sounds great so far. I use KeyShades, a great freeware pgm that toggles the keyboard lights with the side confirmation button. I'm concerned that this might conflight with 2.19's utilization of the side button - is there a way to turn on/off the side button feature of VC?
    Quote Originally Posted by AddictedToTech
    Jeff,

I just installed 2.18 trial yesterday, sounds great so far. I use KeyShades, a great freeware pgm that toggles the keyboard lights with the side confirmation button. I'm concerned that this might conflight with 2.19's utilization of the side button - is there a way to turn on/off the side button feature of VC?
    It is only active during a phone call. If the phone is not active, the side button will not be interpreted. Even during a phone call, I do not disrupt the key press, I see it, and it is passed to all other applications normally. You will not hear any difference in your call even if you press the button if the volume is where it should be.

So net-net, I do not see any possible conflict. Will you let me know if you run into one?

Jeff
    how soon can we see a version that would allow to boost the volume on a bluetooth headset. I have used maybe 8 different bluetooth headsets with the majority having very low volume. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $this$ $is$ $due$ $to$ $the$ $bluetooth$ $radio$ $on$ $the$ $Treo$ ($all$ $of$ $these$ $headsets$ $when$ $used$ $with$ $other$ $phones$ $are$ $much$ $louder$). $I$ $want$ $to$ $open$ $up$ $my$ $choices$ $when$ $it$ $comes$ $to$ $which$ $headset$ $to$ $use$. $Right$ $now$ $there$ $is$ $only$ $one$ $out$ $of$ $all$ $the$ $headsets$ $TC$ $sells$ $that$ $is$ $loud$ $enough$!
    I have found at least with the Bluespoon AX that if I press the normal up volume button once it jumps considerably in volume on the headset... I don't know if this is your program or not Jeff...

by the way, if you'd be willing to tell me how your program works (what actually changed the volume) I'd love to hear about it... drop me a email if so...
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by babsknupp
    shadowrtype, thanks for starting the thread! As soon as I saw it, I thought, oh cool, could this be talking about the program I was hoping to find? And woohoo, so it is!
    I just downloaded it, and though I'm just starting to test it out, I already can tell the difference. I called my voicemail and for once, the headset was actually too loud! I am very happy and thrilled with my 650, but definitely could notice the low volume issue. For the most part I have been able to make do, but sometimes in noisier environments, it has been a struggle. Well, I think this will take care of the issue! Thank you, Jeff Gibson, for developing it!!
    Wow, I'm glad I got some people's attention. This was my first Treo 650 app that I believe should not go unnoticed by Treo users.
    Ok, I've checked out the trial of VC. So putting on my devils advocate hat. (I don't
    see this question in this thread so I'm going to ask). Is there a potential risk of
    damage by having the volume to high on the 650? Speakers do blow yaknow!?!
    Hi,

VolumeCare works great and indeed fixes the headset volume in the Treo 650 GSM Unlocked. But the call waiting issue - the volume drop - does still occur, and I could not fix it by using the side key once or twice. Also, I noticed that now - even though the keypad sound was off on my phone - the keypad sound is now on....

Would it be possible to fix these minor issues with the next version of VolumeCare?

Thanks from all of us,

David
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I have found at least with the Bluespoon AX that if I press the normal up volume button once it jumps considerably in volume on the headset... I don't know if this is your program or not Jeff...

by the way, if you'd be willing to tell me how your program works (what actually changed the volume) I'd love to hear about it... drop me a email if so...
    It is very possible! I am adjusting the volume ot the BT system. So far I am not seeing a huge improvement in volume on my Treo Wireless (although I do see some improvement.)

We can talk about the technique. Give me a call or an IM to AOL IM: GoTreo.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrtype
    Wow, I'm glad I got some people's attention. This was my first Treo 650 app that I believe should not go unnoticed by Treo users.
    I appreciate your support!
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgloor
    Ok, I've checked out the trial of VC. So putting on my devils advocate hat. (I don't
    see this question in this thread so I'm going to ask). Is there a potential risk of
    damage by having the volume to high on the 650? Speakers do blow yaknow!?!
    I am glad you brought this concern up!

I do have a disclaimer about potential speaker damage (and ear drums ) in the product description.

Here is my real take on the matter. At the end of the day, it takes common sense to not drive your speakers at their maximum for any length of time. You don't do it to your home stereo speakers or your car speakers - right. You have the option to do so and you choose not to because you know what might happen. Don't do it to the Treo's speakers. In each of these devices you have the full range of volume that could cause potential damage to the hardware. What I have done is provide the user the ability to go beyond the *very* low limits that have been pre-set by Palm. If you would like, I can put in my own volume limiter but I don't really think people want that.

There is also a "hack" going around with multiple key sequences that causes the volume to raise to its maximum. IMO, this is the dangerious practice to stay away from. In the VC solution, *you* have control over the *exact* volume you need for any given call.

Does this make sense?

Jeff
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast