Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster
    Jeff,

Will you be incorporating the latest VC into PC? Or should I just get VC now?

Thanks.
    Yes I will. In fact, if you are a registered user of ProfileCare, I will give you a complimentary license key for VolumeCare since the 2 products are not yet at the same functional level.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I guess I need to come up with a different numbering scheme.

the current one is:

ReleaseNumber.BuildNumber

The ReleaseNumber and the BuildNumber are each independent sequence numbers.

so 2.18 is newer than 2.8

Jeff
    Any easy fix would be to make the build number always a two digit number. So 2.8 becomes 2.08. Then it would make more sense (to me) that 2.18 is newer.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3013
    Any easy fix would be to make the build number always a two digit number. So 2.8 becomes 2.08. Then it would make more sense (to me) that 2.18 is newer.
    Good idea
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    anyone know how I can listen to the bluetooth headset but keep the phone on speaker(so that someone else can listen in)?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Yes it works on my Orange 650 GSM.

I assume you have used up your trial period on an earlier version, else why not just try the demo
    i havent used it at all. i thought someone mentioned some kinda echo problem..i dont want that.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    The echo problem was fixed in GSM 1.28 (or possibly before) and is not an issue with Volume Care. I used to have a really bad echo that the caller would hear, but that is fixed now. And since installing Volume Care, it hasn't 'come back' or anything, so I don't think the two are related.

I think the echo was a software issue, not a problem with the microphone picking up the speaker. Perhaps on speakerphone this might be an issue, but not that I know of. It's definately not using the handset speaker (holding phone to ear, some people still do that
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    The echo problem was fixed in GSM 1.28 (or possibly before) and is not an issue with Volume Care. I used to have a really bad echo that the caller would hear, but that is fixed now. And since installing Volume Care, it hasn't 'come back' or anything, so I don't think the two are related.

I think the echo was a software issue, not a problem with the microphone picking up the speaker. Perhaps on speakerphone this might be an issue, but not that I know of. It's definately not using the handset speaker (holding phone to ear, some people still do that
    how do i check if im on 1.28?

locked CIngular 650 btw
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    how do i check if im on 1.28?

locked CIngular 650 btw
    If you need to ask the question, then you're not on 1.28

No honestly, 1.28 was only released recently. I don't think it's shipping in new units yet, so unless you have done a flash upgrade of your PalmOS you will still be on your orginal OS.

Go into Phone app and Tap Options/Phone Info.

Look for Firmware and it will tell what version you are on.

Basically, can you hear the other person OK when you are on the phone and outside?
    If yes then do nothing, if No then install VC NOW and try if free for the short trail period.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Wow, I just tried the trial of VolumeCare! It's amazingly louder.

Thanks Jeff!!!!!!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    ya no s***, now I have to turn it down !! Way to go bro.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Yes! Great App! Thanks much. Pisses me off that someone has to do this instead of Palm just fixing the problem, but, to you Jeff, thanks so much! I don't see on your website how long the eval period is, how long is it?
    Last edited by jaltman; 07/03/2005 at 04:19 PM. Reason: addition
    Quote Originally Posted by vnguyenlong
    Hi Jeff... thanks so much for creating this valuable program. Just wondering though, have you heard any complaints from other users about call waiting? I recall reading about a conference call problem people were having in the other LONG "volume" thread, but I thought you had resolved that.

When I'm on a call and a person calls in, if I answer the call waiting, my volume drops to where I can BARELY hear the other person. They can hear me fine, but I can't hear them. I try to raise the volume again, but no luck.

Do you know what the problem might be Jeff?

Thanks again for your great work!
    yes funny, I just found this happened to me also
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3013
    Done.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman
    Yes! Great App! Thanks much. Pisses me off that someone has to do this instead of Palm just fixing the problem, but, to you Jeff, thanks so much! I don't see on your website how long the eval period is, how long is it?
    15 days. More than long enough to see that it works. You will see the improvement on your first call!

I love my Treo now! I used to make excuses for the phone quality but now people think I am on a land line! The MIC adjustment has almost been a bigger improvement for me than the increased volume (but that is a very hard call to make).

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    yes funny, I just found this happened to me also
    Again, I am working on it but you can restore the volume by just toggling the speaker phone on/off.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    15 days. More than long enough to see that it works. You will see the improvement on your first call!

I love my Treo now! I used to make excuses for the phone quality but now people think I am on a land line! The MIC adjustment has almost been a bigger improvement for me than the increased volume (but that is a very hard call to make).

Jeff

Jeff, where would you suggest we set VC's MIC slider? I still have people tell me I'm no louder when I hold the Option+Up key to turn it up.. Also, if it's set to MAX, will there be any additional boost when we use the Option+Up ?

Thanks.. Bek

ps, I still think you're awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    Jeff, where would you suggest we set VC's MIC slider? I still have people tell me I'm no louder when I hold the Option+Up key to turn it up.. Also, if it's set to MAX, will there be any additional boost when we use the Option+Up ?
    I set my MIC slider 2 clicks from the MAX value. The Option+5-way will not adjust the volume any higher than the MAX slider value. It just gives you a way to dynamically adjust the volume during the call. Have you tried leaving yourself a voice mail and see if the MIC adjustment is working? YOu should hear yourself getting louder and softer as you adjust the MIC volume with the Option keys.

Thanks.. Bek

ps, I still think you're awesome.
    Now you are starting to make me blush.

Jeff
    What about increasing the bluetooth headset volume?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    i downloaded it, it works great. and yea my firmware is 1.05
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    What about increasing the bluetooth headset volume?
    I am working on it. I hope to be able to offer this.

Jeff
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast