Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better overall?

33 75.00%
  • Worse overall?

4 9.09%
  • About the same?

3 6.82%
  • A little of each (some better, some worse)?

4 9.09%
  1.    #1  
    Better, worse, the same, or a little of each?

Here's what I've seen so far: there's an instability issue I can't nail down that has caused spurious resets and has deleted saved prefs. It may (as threads have indicated) be related to an SD card issue. BT headset (Motorola HS850) still has some stability issues. Call answering and bluetooth headset transfer suffers from intermittent wonkiness. Sometimes when you transfer a call to the headset, there is no audio (can't hear anything). Voice quality about the same--maybe a little worse in terms of volume.

On the plus side: I have a bluetooth GPS. When I used-ta get a call, the bluetooth used-ta (hate that word) lock up and require a reset. This no longer happens. I am able to carry on a conversation and return to Mapopolis, no problem.

As a matter of fact, I'm amazed at how far the technology can be stretched. I was able to remotely "drive" my 12-year-old's Treo 650's Mapopolis instance (yeah, he has a bluetooth GPS receiver too) while he was in a bus headed to New Mexico from my PC in Dallas over a PCS Vision connection using Handshare! [you should try this... it is cool]

Obviously no more outbound call delays is a bonus.

I have to admit that after playing with the new Versamail, I'm inclined to take back 87.2% of the nasty comments I've made about it in the past.
    Diminished the dialing delay and improved VersaMail!

(Added no bugs for me)

Cheers, Perry
    Wow...it's not like we don't have a bazillion other threads about how good or bad the update is.

Not to mention this poll already:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=87773
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Did you apply for modship?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Did you apply for modship?
    Nope. Are you nominating?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You would have to go in as a mod under a different name, in that way you could maintain your monkeyness.
    I would do it, if I could still monkey around...but I think I would be neutered.

ouch
  9.    #9  
    Yeah, I don't think it will let me kill the thread. But I'd be interested in how people answered the poll today (after 1.12 has been out as long as it has) wrt SprintPCS.

Heh... Insertion ... "His Modship"

I ran across a great monkey picture that one of my staff took at the Dallas Zoo. If I can dig it up, I'll send it to you.
  10. dre
    After updating (everything went smoothly, used alternate method), Versamail restarts device everytime I try to "Get" mail from a particular popmail server. This server always worked fine before the update. I delected all acs3 and acs4 files, tried again. Same thing. I even reinstalled 1.12 update and before reinstalling any of my own softare, tried Versamail and the same thing happened. So much for improved Versamail performance. I will have to return phone and get on without 1.12 installed. Very disappointed.
  11. dre
    One more thing, I noticed that one of the files that is listed on the Palm site (support for Versamail restarting everytime one tries to get mail) is MMNotify Response. However, I am not seeing that file. Not sure if that file was there before update, unfortunately. Can someone tell me if this file is on their device after update and Versamail use?