1.    #1  
    volume on my new treo 650 is way too low. Is there a way to increase volume?
    I will assume the volume setting of 7 bars is too low for you. There have been other threads but I don't know if there is a fix. My volume is fine on mine. You might go into a store front for your carrier and test yours against their floor model to see if you have a hardware problem unique to your unit. . . .

Good Luck, Perry.
    devjas, use the search function. There's gotta be a dozen posts on this.

But you're a newb, I'll let this one slide. I'll make it easy for you. Go to http://gotreosoftware.com/ and trial VolumeCare. It's dumb simple to use, just Enable it, enable Handset volume (I assume this is what you're lacking volume on), bump it up a teeny bit above the default (don't put it full blast.. trust me.. tooooo loud) and test it.

I just installed (and purchased) it myself yesterday. Great stuff, shame Palm didn't make the default maximum volume loud enough in the first damn place, but hey..

Volume Care lets you adjust a bunch of other volumes, even the mic sensitivity, but I don't have a reason to do any of the others myself.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Be aware that the volume setting in VolumeCare is the INITIAL level for the call. You use the side rocker to lower or raise it during the call. This means you most likely do not want to set it to the maximum volume in VC.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by devjas
    volume on my new treo 650 is way too low. Is there a way to increase volume?
    I've just unlocked my phone and updated my firmware to 1.28 software to 1.13 and the volume now is so much better and louder. Even at 4 bar, it's loud. I'm so happy now. Not only it fixes volume problem but I got over 18M free after the update.

BTW, I have Cingular GSM phone with 1GB SD card, BlueTooth GPS. Just waiting for the next Treo to have GPS built-in. Gotta love the technology!
    Check this thread. There is a software that allows you to increase the volume up to %150. Personally, I'd go for the firmware update first.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=89270
    Quote Originally Posted by nutech
    I've just unlocked my phone and updated my firmware to 1.28 software to 1.13 and the volume now is so much better and louder. Even at 4 bar, it's loud. I'm so happy now. Not only it fixes volume problem but I got over 18M free after the update.

BTW, I have Cingular GSM phone with 1GB SD card, BlueTooth GPS. Just waiting for the next Treo to have GPS built-in. Gotta love the technology!
    I Had the same experience when I Updated to 1.28 But within a few days it returned to the same low volume problem .. I've just purchased volumecare 2.18 and Now I have a Phone I can acctually Hear..