Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I have been having this issue now and havent seen anyone else report the same problem. My phone may report "No service" but have 5 bars of signal. The phone appears to work even though it says no service. I also find myself rebooting the device a couple of times a day due to various problems, and response time of switching from app to app seems slow. Is anyone else seeing this?...or is it just me.

rob
    I get all of these as well as frequent freezes, where the only way to stop the freeze is to remove the battery, prompting a reset.
    I have been running my locked CNG phone with 1.28 for over a week with no slowdowns or resets. I suggest that you reinstall your 3rd party applications which will rebuild your preferences files vs. restoring them from a backup or hotsync.

As of last night my phone is unlocked which cost me only $33 from hostingsupercenter.com/650.htm
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I've seen a few times that I show a signal, but I really don't have one. If I cycle the radio, it fixes itself. But placing a call with no service? That's not possible :P

I wish GSM phones updated their strength meter faster.. Seems it takes 5s for them to update each time, makes it hard to notice that this is happening.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I've seen a few times that I show a signal, but I really don't have one. If I cycle the radio, it fixes itself. But placing a call with no service? That's not possible :P

I wish GSM phones updated their strength meter faster.. Seems it takes 5s for them to update each time, makes it hard to notice that this is happening.
    Hate to tell you but it is possible...It says no service but I have 4-5 bars of signal so something aint right

rob
    If you are using Ringo make sure you are using the latest version - prior to the latest it was causing the phone app to display network search while the phone was already connected.
    "Another Issue with Cingular Locked 1.28 upgrade"

Where did you get the 1.28 upgrade for the Locked Cingular? Is that an official updgrade that I missed?

If that's one of those hacks, I think I'll pass for now.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Rat
    "Another Issue with Cingular Locked 1.28 upgrade"

Where did you get the 1.28 upgrade for the Locked Cingular? Is that an official updgrade that I missed?

If that's one of those hacks, I think I'll pass for now.
    Its the Unlocked ROW released version running in a Locked Cingular phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    there have been many times when the pda page shows great strength but switching to the phoine to make the call the bars are dramatically reduced. I wonder if they will get that fixed in another update. However, I am with Cingular and they have yet to do an actual update.
    Samsung SCH3500 - Sanyo 4900 - Samsung I500 - Treo 650, and loving it!!!
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I decided to redo the update...maybe something happened that I was unaware of so will let you know how it reacts the second time.

rob
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    So, after restoring everything that I wanted...the phone at first glance seems alittle more stable than before. I had all sorts of weird things going on, the phone would turn on and not turn off, changing from app to app was painfully slow, etc.

My net connection seems lightning fast now, and I regained a little more space so something was bogging it down...

I wouldnt recommend this to everyone, but if you Treo seems real flakey, and you have the time and dont mind the hastle, you may want to think about starting from scratch again...just my 2 cents though

rob
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Well, getting the No service issue again but still have 2-4 bars of signal. Phone rings and will place calls so I guess I will just ignore it for now...very strange though

rob