1.    #1  
    Hi I have searched through discussions but can't find what modem to select when setting up Mac OSX to work with Treo 650 Bluetooth DUN. Any ideas? Thanks. Steve.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevnp
    Hi I have searched through discussions but can't find what modem to select when setting up Mac OSX to work with Treo 650 Bluetooth DUN. Any ideas? Thanks. Steve.
    Use Sprint PCS Vision. With this i can use my treo to connect my pb to the internet by bluetooth by non gprs means. I dont know how to do it with gprs but it works OK dialling in to an ISP account (I use netaway as it works in 100s of countries and I travel a bit...) If you search the discussion forums for DUN you will see a lot of tips. I have the latest palm firmware (1.28) and I dont think the palm system hack you will find is necessary for the latest firmware.
    If you get GPRS DUN to work with Orange, I'd be interested to hear...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I'll try that. I'm actually trying to get it to work via GPRS, rather than dialup, but I'll use dialup if I can't get GPRS to work. Can Missing Sync allow bluetooth connection via Mac to internet (i.e. use Mac connection to internet)? Steve.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevnp
    Can Missing Sync allow bluetooth connection via Mac to internet (i.e. use Mac connection to internet)? Steve.
    According to Mark/Space you can do this with USB or Bluetooth, and the help files give instructions how to do it, but I have no personal experience.
    If you get GPRS DUN to work, please let me know how!
  5.    #5  
    It seems to me that DUN GPRS via bluetooth isn't possible, as GPRS has to be disabled to select DUN via bluetooth on the Treo. There must be a way round this but I don't know how either. Any help would be appreciated. I could I suppose contact Orange tech support, but I'd be surprised from previous experience if they had a clue what I was talking about!
    Steve.