1.    #1  
    hey dudes

I'm on a Sprint PCS 650

I decided to upgrade from 1.08 to 1.12 tonight

so I backed up my profile first --- the sync went through smooth and quick, and everything got backed up

at that point, I hard reseted my Treo, created a new user profile, dumped the updates into it, and the sync didn't happen ----- the sync did initiate, but once it gets to the first file, it refused to transfer (I'm on Missing Sync btw)

after working on it for hours, I downloaded Palm Desktop, and that did nothing either ----- so I trashed Palm, reinstalled Missing Sync, blah blah

at this point, I have simply tried to transfer a small file to an SD card, over hotsync....... even that won't transfer ---- as above, the hotsync (over Missing Sync) will initiate....... from there, the Treo will give up and say that my sync lost connection, but missing sync keeps going, without the connection

also, I've been doing all of this over Bluetooth ---- at over 115,000 bps with flow control at Automatic..... I also tried at 57,000 bps....... unfortunately, I lost my USB cable ----- but I could probably try to get one, if necessary

well, that's about it ----- at this point, I'm starting to wonder if my Palm has a hardware problem or something??

any help is EXTREMELY appreciated - I'm even willing to pay at this point

THANK YOU
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    As you can see, 6 of us have viewed and 6 of us do not have a clue.

Good Luck, we are not ignoring you, it's we just can't help. I would try finding that USB hot sync cable, if you can find it. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by HasanDaddy
    I decided to upgrade from 1.08 to 1.12 tonight
    also, I've been doing all of this over Bluetooth ---- at over 115,000 bps with flow control at Automatic..... I also tried at 57,000 bps....... unfortunately, I lost my USB cable ----- but I could probably try to get one, if necessary
    The likely problem is that the Bluetooth connection needs to be re-created between the Treo and the PC.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Thanks Mark! (Why didn't we think of that . . . .)
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/01/2005 at 07:52 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the help guys!

I actually switched over to an old Mac that I have lying around, that has an old Palm Desktop on it, and its running Panther ---- the sync was perfect

so much for 'new' technology'

anyhoo --- it looks like my newer computer has some software issues ----- and yes, I did update the bluetooth connection, by rebuidling the connection, and deleting any old ones - I hope thats the best I could do?

In the meantime however....... the Rom Update is syncing on the phone right now, but the update seems to be stuck at "RESTORING ITEMS" ---- its been on that, with no bar movement, for about 20 mins now ---- is it stuck?

THANKS A TON GUYS - I apreciate all the help!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
  6.    #6  
    nevermind - update done!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!