1.    #1  
    This question might've been already answered but since I'm new here I'd appreciate it if someone could answer.

I took some pictures with my treo and I'm trying to set them up as caller id so instead of seeing the caller's name and number I'd like to see their picture.
    The only way I found to do this which is in the manual is by adding them into favorites and then assigning pictures, but I don't want to use favorites since I'm using them for soemthing else.

Help Please. Thank you
    (I think) thats pretty much the way to do it. How many favorites are you using? Are you using all 50 of your favorites?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by doublekay
    This question might've been already answered but since I'm new here I'd appreciate it if someone could answer.

I took some pictures with my treo and I'm trying to set them up as caller id so instead of seeing the caller's name and number I'd like to see their picture.
    The only way I found to do this which is in the manual is by adding them into favorites and then assigning pictures, but I don't want to use favorites since I'm using them for soemthing else.

Help Please. Thank you
    just go into contacts an choose the name of the person you want to attach a pic for, then you tap the blank picture box and add the pic u want. no need to use favorite buttons.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    just go into contacts an choose the name of the person you want to attach a pic for, then you tap the blank picture box and add the pic u want. no need to use favorite buttons.
    It's been over half a year since I've used a 600, but IIRC Franko, the 600 doesn't support that. Favorites is the only internal way to do this. Otherwise, he'll need something like Ringo.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    Yea I read some more ports and I found out that's the only way interwal way possible. The only other way is to purchase a 3rd party software but I haven't had any good experiences with those. I'll think abou it.

thanks a lot
    I use Call Filter for ringers and pictures for caller ID.
    you could also upgrade to a 650
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I've been using Ringo with success and just recently upgraded to Ringo+ for MP3 rings.