Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yep, a model I was working with over the weekend must have sat on my treo because now I have orange spots on the LCD. At < 100lbs I can't fathom how she broke it, but oh well, I guess it makes for good small talk at parties: "Guess how I broke my phone".

Anyway, my question isn't whether i can fix it (saw a previous thread, will cost me around $200 apparently).

My question, is after I fix it, then what? It's only going to happen again and again.

Q: Do any of the non-Cingular providers cover include the LCD in insurance? Those dorky hard shell cases aren't cutting it either.

Thoughts?

Puff
    Q: Do any of the non-Cingular providers cover include the LCD in insurance? Those dorky hard shell cases aren't cutting it either.

Yes, Verizon covered my damaged LCD. What's better, I bought mine off of ebay with a damaged display and they took care of it: refurbished Treo 600 with all the accessories.

Great deal for only $76 from ebay, $50 deductable and insurance payments.

You could buy a used display for anywhere $100 to $135, depending who you ask.

good luck
    How about: chalk it up to "Dont lay your phone down where people might sit" and then use the $200 upgrade to the 650? ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I think the Sprint coverage would cover this.

What makes a super model "super" anyway? Is it the hourly rate or something?
    yellow spots are a typical defect on the treo 600 screen. Are you sure he sat on it?
    Marry Her!!! :d :d
    Quote Originally Posted by most
    Marry Her!!! :d :d
    NO MATTER HOW GOOD LOOKING SHE IS, THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT IS TIRED OF HER CRAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    yellow spots are a typical defect on the treo 600 screen. Are you sure he sat on it?
    RE: Spots

These spots are pumpkin-y orange and appear to be slowly spreading. What do the defect spots look like? Do they spread?

RE: "Super" Duperness

Actually I think there is a definition someone came up with about being in, or on the cover of all, the major fashion publications. And in that case I'm using the term incorrectly or at the very least exaggerating.

Could have been worse, I could have broken a windshield! (see attachment)

Puff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Puff
    Could have been worse, I could have broken a windshield! (see attachment)

Puff
    It appears that she stumbled. Was the picture for insurance purposes?
  10. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Puff
    RE: Spots

These spots are pumpkin-y orange and appear to be slowly spreading. What do the defect spots look like? Do they spread?
    Yes, they spread. And they're not caused by sitting on, or anything to do with mistreating the screen, it's a defect which (hopefully) cropped up while your phone was still under warranty.
    As mentioned this is a common defect on these devices and doesn't require anything to touch the screen, let alone someone to sit on one.

If it's in the first year it's under warrany. I had Verizon replace mine for free. No insurance required.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I'm confused. She looks to be amply cushioned... Oh yeah, I'm staring at the wrong end :P
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    As mentioned this is a common defect on these devices and doesn't require anything to touch the screen, let alone someone to sit on one.

If it's in the first year it's under warrany. I had Verizon replace mine for free. No insurance required.
    Wow, I love this forum! You guys just saved me $200!

I basically had my wallet open and was ready to pay for the orange blotch problem. And worse I was blaming a poor innocent, defenseless model, who I wrongly assumed had broken my LCD. But because of some wise treocentral helpers, the phone will be replaced free under warrenty!

In thanks, if my wise helpers (dutchtrumpet, hsk, and scotttreo) will send me their mailing address, I will mail a finished DVD of highlights from the photoshoot (just like on the website plus additional footage)

Puff

Mail me at puff "@" (the address below or just hit feedback from the site)
    http://www.exhaust.tv
    Just help others here will be enough.
    This just sounds like a scam to me guys...be very careful....he only has 3 posts on here...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    This just sounds like a scam to me guys...be very careful....he only has 3 posts on here...
    That sounds like a scam? ...because I offered to send 3 specific people a DVD?

Do we really have to be that cynical?

Fine, so, those 3 specific people, please have your lawyer contact my lawyer so we can sign a contract with a neutral 3rd party person so that I might relay my non-binding thanks and/or appreciation (which ever is less), some exclusions might apply, non-applicable in Kalifornia...

Sheesh.

Puff
    shouldn't you people talk to their people before you get the attorney's involved?
    Maybe they can all have lunch...and Puff, if you are giving away copywrited material someone else paid you to produce isn't that theft?
    Maybe they can all have lunch...and Puff, if you are giving away copywrited material someone else paid you to produce isn't that theft?
    Not if he produced it himself.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Hey GENIUS, I own the copyright.

Gharrod, you clearly have trust issues. I glanced at your previous posts (since you've sorta implied that's the quantity of posts is somehow reflective of character) and the first 10 or so are negative or suspicious in nature.

Lighten up. Not everyone is out to get you.

Puff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast