Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You put it so nicely ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    You put it so nicely ;-)
    Thank you
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    I have never ever ever ever ever ever used this word in all the time I've been a member, but T-R-O-L-L comes to mind!
    It feels good to release the anger, yes?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I think I might be able to make this work. How big of a population would want this solution? If I am understand the needs, you would like to have the sound from an MP3 player like pTunes play on your BT headset? Is that right? You know you it would only be mono right?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It feels good to release the anger, yes?
    This time it wasnt so much as anger...it was a WTF?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    ..... How big of a population would want this solution?
    I would think.....all of us.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I would like it Jeff, but I thought you needed bt1.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by deanfx
    I would like it Jeff, but I thought you needed bt1.2?
    For stereo, yes. This is why he said mono.

Just today I was thinking about how much I would like to listen to my audio books with my Jabra BT headset. I wouldn't care if it was mono. Go for it, Jeff!
    No, 1.2 is not needed for A2DP, A2DP works better with 1.2 but it's not mandatory. I have gotton A2DP to work on my laptop which only has 1.1 using bluesoliel.

As far as that, I would bet that there is a way to link the audio out of the speaker to the bluetooth input by means of a hardware shunt. It won't be high quality stereo like I think most of you believe it to be, but would simply be like using freedom on the 600.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

10.    #30  
    Well for starters the guy is trying to meet a deadline and I dont think he
    wanted to get in a deep talk about how his Treo 650 works better then mine
    or yours.I just wanted to let you guys know.I didnt think it was that big of a deal.Maybe his fix is worth a lot of money to Palm or a private corp.
    Jeff- Be able to play audio/music on BT will be great. Mono is fine as it's significantly better than what's now.

When can we have it?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Jeff.. this would be great if you could do this... I would love it!!
    I think I might be able to make this work. How big of a population would want this solution? If I am understand the needs, you would like to have the sound from an MP3 player like pTunes play on your BT headset? Is that right? You know you it would only be mono right?

Jeff
    I would like this solution also Jeff ... PLEASE... if you can make it work even with mono and poor voice quality
    Palm V -> Pocket PC -> Treo 650 GSM
    ----------------- ^
    Slipped to the "Dark Side" for a while, But I'm back
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJ
    I would like this solution also Jeff ... PLEASE... if you can make it work even with mono and poor voice quality

I'd like it alot as well.

would that be a separate discreet program -- or would that be a feature added to one of your current programs ?

(thanks Jeff -- and write us some wifi drivers next -- and then maybe fix global warming !)
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/01/2005 at 01:05 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Jeff Gibson for President!!!!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Jeff, while you are at it, please make it so that I can listen to my bluetooth headset even while the jack is plugged into my car stereo on my GSM headset.
    Hey, I'd love to use my BT headset to listen to music (even mono...for now). If it's doable, I'm ready to buy (if not TOO expensive). This is an interesting thread! Thanks.

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro

Jeff
    I would like it. Who knows how to sart a poll graph on this thread?

Cheers, Perry
  19. amf
    Jeff: Maybe you can also make the ringtones/SMS tones sound through the BT headset. Thanks!!!
    I think I speak for everyone with a music interest that we would LOVE to finally see the union of bluetooth & ptunes become official,even if 1.2 comes by later to cause a "divorce"....mono is better than "no-mo"...huh??
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast