View Poll Results: What's Your Fave Email App?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Snapper

54 30.34%
  • Chatter

84 47.19%
  • VersaMail

29 16.29%
  • Agendus

2 1.12%
  • Eudora

0 0%
  • Other Full Apps

7 3.93%
  • Wireless Sync

2 1.12%
  • Services (like everyone.net)

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have used the Versamail internal, Dataviz's Inbox to go, Snapper, Sprint's Business Connect, and all pale in comparison to ....

Chatter

and

For Work

Good
    Quote Originally Posted by vandee2004
    I have used the Versamail internal, Dataviz's Inbox to go, Snapper, Sprint's Business Connect, and all pale in comparison to .... Chatter and (for Work) Good
    I actually tried using Chatter, Good, and VeriChat together (even on as late as 1.21 firmware) and found that Good just stole too damned much db cache... got frequent resets. I rolled back to just CE (even for work since I had an IMAP/SMTP option) and Verichat... and have been quite pleased with the stability of the result.
    Wow,

50% of TreoCentral voters use ChatterEmail. I'm impressed. Chatteremail keeps getting more popular and you guys haven't seen the new native html support yet.

Al
    I have been using Snapper very succesfully and I just wanted to point out that my experience with their customer support has been very good. I even got a very prompt response to a problem I emailed precisely today 4th of July. In my case I monitor 3 POP3 email accounts daily and Snapper has performed solidly. I tried Chatter mail briefly and it reset my T 650 frequently. I am computer literate but a treo newbie and I just couldn't figure out at Chatter's web site which version I should have downloaded. I use my Treo a lot for business on the Cingular Wireless network and the $40.00 I spent on Snapper have truly paid off.

Just sharing my take on the subject and I must say that what has enchanced the most my treo experience has been this forum and all the very kind members. This forum has been my best treo app! Thank you all!
    Last edited by JCB; 07/04/2005 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Typo, message notificaction
    I have to agree that these forums are the best part of owning a Treo.

To be honest, I think chatter's default settings are set up for Push, which can be buggy and cause resets, especially until you learn how it works. It would be nice if it starts out in "simple" mode so that the first impression people get isn't a crash.

If you use background SSL, the new SSL matrix does wonders. If you don't need the SSL though, just turn it off and most of the crash problems will go away, and you can still get your background pushes.

I don't use email as part of a corporate intranet, so I tend to believe my emails are insecure as soon as they hit the internet. I'm not sure how much more private they are because I use SSL to log into my server.

I wouldn't mind being enlightened though.
    aristarchus - Push in Chatter isnt buggy and doesn't cause resets; I'm really not sure why you say that. The vast majority of my users take advantage of push, and resets aren't common at all (the T650 is prone to resets for lots of reasons, by the way).

Now, the Palm SSL library, when used with Chatter in the background, DID cause resets, and that was described up front - people could choose to either get background SSL or get resets. The nice thing with the Matrix library is that you get stability AND background SSL.

Marc
    I absolutely agree... and I'm not sure if anything's changed, but I've read accounts from Snapper users that background SSL isn't even an option there. And for less money than the SSL-enabled Snapper release, Chatter offers the only real stable always-on background SSL option available (unless you go to the likes of the enterprise solutions like GoodLink).
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Do I even need to say?
    Email only fool... Who would ever want to have all their outlook functionality on a palm?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I'm going to cast my vote for Snapper. Nothing against Chatter or marc, but I'm comfortable with POP3 and that's not Chatter's best strengths. One of the limitations of getting POP3 mail with Chatter (correct me if I'm wrong Marc) was the inability to set up local folders. There were also some other things that I felt were "quirky" when viewed at from a POP3 perspective...

So with Chatter being more of an IMAP client, using it for a POP3 account seemed to diminish the ease of use for me.

When I did install and try Chatter for a few days, I must say Marc was great in responding to a problem.

David...
    I used to be a fervant snapper lover, but now I've switched to chatter exclusively especially since POP support. Once Marc implements SD card support, I think it will finally eclipse snapper in feature specs imo. For the single user, non-exchange/BB server etc dependent user, chatter is great. Otherwise, Good etc are the obvious choices...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Once Marc implements SD card support, I think it will finally eclipse snapper in feature specs imo.
    Oh, I must admit this is one of my fervent wishes as well. But I have moderated this somewhat since I now benefit from better memory management (1.13 ROW) and lack of bloatware (removed Goodlink).
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    For the single user, non-exchange/BB server etc dependent user, chatter is great. Otherwise, Good etc are the obvious choices...
    Not necessarily so obvious. I am a long-time blackberry user (or addict?) and did use GoodLink for a while. Blackberry excels at it's primary application, but isn't very versatile in the software area. GoodLink is great if you really only use your Treo for GL... otherwise, I had serious problems getting it to play nicely with other background applications and leaving enough DB cache around for things like web browsing (!?). I have switched entirely to Chatter for *all* my email on the Treo and am not looking back.

Apart from the excellent response from Marc, I am also very glad that he is also keeping an eye on ensuring that CE doesn't become bloatware. Let CE be just for email and let it do email well. There are other solutions for PIM stuff, but that's not central to this thread so I'll leave that for another time.
    sorry maybe I am missing something....does CE support images? I cant view them within the email. Thanks! Otherwise it rocks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    The display of images in an HTML e-mail isn't available (at least not yet) within CE.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123