1.    #1  
    I'm considering upgrading to a Treo 650, but I need to know if I can access my lotus notes (or iNotes) and my hotmail messages

thanks
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I do Lotus Notes (Via Intellisync). I would use versamail for Hotmail over POP3, but Microsoft used to charge more for it.
    I have a New Unlocked 650 because my 600 was stolen from me when I was traveling from Singapore to Bangkok. Mixed blessing?
    You should really look at Seven for Lotus Notes... it's what Sprint uses for Business Connect. It syncronizes all major Notes functions both ways now... Calender included. I sync my contacts with PylonPro which also replicates and displays Notes databases on the Treo. Seven and Pylon are a great combination. You can also run a Seven server yourself, or buy into Sprint Biz Connect as a client or server app.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse
    You should really look at Seven for Lotus Notes... it's what Sprint uses for Business Connect. It syncronizes all major Notes functions both ways now... Calender included. I sync my contacts with PylonPro which also replicates and displays Notes databases on the Treo. Seven and Pylon are a great combination. You can also run a Seven server yourself, or buy into Sprint Biz Connect as a client or server app.
    I take it you mean un-tethered? Intellisync runs on my desktop. Our IT would never allow anything else. But it might be a perfect idea for the majority of users.
    I have a New Unlocked 650 because my 600 was stolen from me when I was traveling from Singapore to Bangkok. Mixed blessing?
    I would try mNotes from Commontime. It can be used via USB or wirelessly for Lotus Notes. It syncs all functions great (calendar, address book, todos, mail, and memos/journals).
    There are other threads on this, and I've been trying to sort them out myself. For a very inexpensive solution, Versaforward (http://www.versaforward.com/) on your Lotus mail to an external POP or IMAP address, and retrieve from there with your choice of Versamail, Snapper (my preference) or Chatter. I'm experimenting with this now and it's not bad. I'm forwarding my Lotus mail to an IMAP account at www.fastmail.fm -- one time cost of $15 and no recurring charge -- and retrieving it from there on the Treo. Versaforward costs all of $25, also with no recurring charge, to forward one account. Fully working demo operates for I think 14 days.

I tried Verizon's Wireless Sync and HATED it. All I want is Lotus mail, not calendar/contacts/tasks. Despite appearing to give you some control, Verizon's product, made by Intellisync, in fact forces a sync of mail AND PIM data to Verizon's servers at least once a day. Using it interferes with syncing PIM functions to Palm Desktop, which is my choice of PIM. It's also a memory hog and slow.

The Versaforward / Fastmail solution I'm trying requires (as do some others) that you leave a PC running that is connected to the Domino server; that you have POP or IMAP access to your Lotus mail from inside your network (if you had it from outside the network you wouldn't need this rigamarole); and that you don't mind the fact that your deletions, replies and read/unread flags on the Treo won't be sync'd back to Lotus. That's good enough for me, and my company won't pay for the Cadillac solution.

Still, I'm open to other suggestions as I'm still new at this. I look forward to what comes on this thread.
    Moved.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I am synching mail and calendar only with Verizon Wireless Sync. Its great. You can configure what you want pushed to Verizon's servers, and what the Treo retrieves as well.
    I too have to use lotus notes at work, and hated it. First, I used the free microsoft outlook connector, but that creates a .nst file (like a .pst file, but just for notes). Problem was, I can't choose to sync my contacts/calendar etc with the .pst file when the .nst file is active...

Enter www.martinscott.com/wirelessmail -- it's awesome! I uninstalled the ms connector, and now I only have one .pst file that syncs perfectly! The software works flawlessly. I haven't bought it yet (60 day eval) but I will, definitely. I have it re-direct all of my work email to my fastmail account (sub-mailbox of course), and then I have outlook pick up that imap email address, so I have everything in one spot! and on the phone via chatter! woohoo! i know it's dorky to get this excited, but dammit, i've been struggling with this for forever.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    I too have to use lotus notes at work, and hated it. First, I used the free microsoft outlook connector, but that creates a .nst file (like a .pst file, but just for notes). Problem was, I can't choose to sync my contacts/calendar etc with the .pst file when the .nst file is active...

Enter www.martinscott.com/wirelessmail -- it's awesome! I uninstalled the ms connector, and now I only have one .pst file that syncs perfectly! The software works flawlessly. I haven't bought it yet (60 day eval) but I will, definitely. I have it re-direct all of my work email to my fastmail account (sub-mailbox of course), and then I have outlook pick up that imap email address, so I have everything in one spot! and on the phone via chatter! woohoo! i know it's dorky to get this excited, but dammit, i've been struggling with this for forever.
    If you have Verizon, their Wireless Sync is a much better solution, its free, and also encrypts the mail in transit. You can also wirelessly sync contacts, todos, and memos if you choose.