1.    #1  
    Since updating to Sprint 1.12 Launcher X crashes the Treo. Can't even get to the launcher screen to delete it. Anyone else? How can I get past this? Tried installing Launcher X over the existing install and still crashes.

Thanks
    No problems here. In fact, I have it in ROM. (ver. 1.1.1)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by beboyle
    Since updating to Sprint 1.12 Launcher X crashes the Treo. Can't even get to the launcher screen to delete it. Anyone else? How can I get past this? Tried installing Launcher X over the existing install and still crashes.

Thanks
    This can happen with LauncherX on any device after a full restore is done (happened as far back as my Palm V). It is related to a corrupt preferences database. Unless you have a file editor, just delete LauncherX (which will delete all supporting databases) and reinstall it.
  4.    #4  
    The problem is, I have the home button programed to LX, which causes the crash, therefore I can't get to a place to delete it. Got a workaround? Tried warm reset, nothing.
  5.    #5  
    Should I try to delete the launcherX pdb from my backup folder and do another restore? Or delete the prc and pdb?
  6.    #6  
    Now it's stuck in a bad restore loop from the updater. Restore from backup, resets, asks to be plugged into the charger, erases everything, back to square one.
    Back to square one as in you've reset, and starting fresh...?

Or is it still looping, even after a reset??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    Insertion,
    Thanks for responding. Well I got it restored, without LauncherX by dropping them out of the backup folder. Got it out of the loop doing a warm reset. Still have a few questions about this update though. Two apps; "CDMA Updater", and "D.C." show up on the apps screen. Can I delete those as they have been run? Also, I moved a bunch of stuff to card to get the memory to do the upgrade, now when I try to run PowerRun to move them back, I get a launch error "the application cannot be launched because of a system error". When I try Backup Man it just doesn't run.
    Starting to feel like it's time for a hard reset, and REALLY start from square one, no restore, but individually reinstall all software.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I can't help with your current problem, but I thought I'd let you know how to work around the Home key running LauncherX. I map a Favorites button to the app called Applications, which is the default Palm launcher. From phone mode just find that Favorites button and run it.

As LX is fine 99.9% of the time, I put the Applications button on the last Favorites page so it's out of the way.
    - Fushigi
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beboyle
    Two apps; "CDMA Updater", and "D.C." show up on the apps screen. Can I delete those as they have been run?
    If you read the upgrade manual/ description you should have noticed that this two app will remove themselves - if you do another hard reset after the upgrade is finished.....
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)