1.    #1  
    Hello all,

Just got a new Sprint PCS Treo 650 and am trying to bluetooth hot synch it with my IBM Thinkpad T43. It works fine if there is not a lot of data to synch but if the synch takes more than 30 secs or so it will lose it's connection.

Are there any settings that I can optimize so that it will completely synch? I've heard of other people whose synchs take more than a minute so I know it is possible.

Thanks!
    This sounds like a connection problem and not a data problem. I can BtHotsync for minutes at a time (to completion) without a problem. Is your BtDUN connection also this flakey?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  3.    #3  
    I haven't tried it yet. Just got the phone yesterday. Any quick steps on how to test it out?
    I have the exact same problem. I thought the the 1.28 GSM update was the reason. But I've also switched my notebook fom a T40p to a T43. Seems that there is something wrong with T43s bluetooth stack.
  5.    #5  
    By chance did you contact IBM about it? I think I might give them a call/email tonight. One of the main reasons I bought the 650 was because of the bluetooth hotsynch so having no fix would really stink!
    I haven't contactes IBM yet, your post was the first reason for me to seek the problem at the T43 an not the 650.

I heard, that you can use the T43s bluetooth stack with two different drivers. MS and Widcomm. I'll check my driver later and swith to the other and see whats happening.
    Ok, I did it. I switched from Widcomm bluetooth stack to MS bluetooth stack (http://www.lenovo.com/think/support/...cid=MIGR-58617).

The result was my first Hotsync between the T43 and the T650 without loosing connection. You should give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoffa
    By chance did you contact IBM about it? I think I might give them a call/email tonight. One of the main reasons I bought the 650 was because of the bluetooth hotsynch so having no fix would really stink!
    I left my hotsync cable at work the other evening, so decided to HS using BT on my machine at home. I also decided to install a few songs and new programs.

Although it took quite a while, I was able to HS at least 20-30 MB without a problem. The Treo is obviously capable of handling this.

-BB
  9.    #9  
    The microsoft drivers work like a charm. I actually spoke to IBM, as well, who had not heard of this solution and they said they are passing this solution along to the rest of the support group. THANKS!