Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm considering doing the update, but with all the threads present discussing problems with the update I'm tempted to stick with 1.08. Is there anyone who has done the 1.12 update and not had problems? Please post up. I realize in this type of forum you hear all the problems and not the good cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by sffish
    I'm considering doing the update, but with all the threads present discussing problems with the update I'm tempted to stick with 1.08. Is there anyone who has done the 1.12 update and not had problems? Please post up. I realize in this type of forum you hear all the problems and not the good cases.
    I've done both Palm's and Shadowmite's 1.12 without any issues.
    I'm back!
    if you read the threads like you claim to have you will see that most updated successfully.

Biggest problem...

USER ERROR!

follow the instructions and you'll be fine.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Here's the process I use everytime to update, and I don't have out of memory issues/etc.

1) Hotsync phone, to make sure I've got a good backup.
    2) Perform a hard-reset. The device is now clean with plenty of ram.
    3) Using Palm Desktop, create a new user called "Rom Update". Basically, click the "Edit Users" button. See attached image.
    4) Run the Rom Updater Tool, select "Rom Update" as the target user.
    5) Hotsync the Treo, when prompted to create a new profile, or existing profile, select the existing "Rom Update" user.
    6) The ROM files get copied over, the Treo 650 will update, then reboot/hard-reset.
    7) Hotsync, when prompted to create a new profile, or existing profile, select your original hotsync id. It will copy all your prefs, files, applications, etc over.
    8) Open Palm Desktop and remove the "Rom Update" user.

I leave the Firmware updater application at the [Next] screen the entire time. After step #6 is complete, I just hit [Cancel].

I think this is a cleaner way to do things because it prevents the remains of the firmware update being "backed up". It also ensures I"ve got plenty of RAM and that running applications won't interfere.
    EvilGhost wrote up perfect instructions. Follow them and everything will be groovy.

One caveat:
    Make sure you can hear your system sounds before you upgrade; there is a change to the headset detection switch code, and if your switch is broken, you'll have to use a headset until you can get your Treo replaced.
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    No issues here
    No issues here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I've done both Palm's and Shadowmite's 1.12 without any issues.
    Same here.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    No issues here.
    same here
    My phone worked great before the first update, worked great after the first update, works great now after update #2. I think operator error is a big issue, and I think there are those that just like to find things to complain about.

Go on, upgrade that phone, you won't be sorry. JUST READ AND FOLLOW the above instructions.
    if you want to use the bt with your car defintly the 1.12 makes it better, I use it my now working fine x3 which before did not.
    The update is great there are no issues. Some of us have battery drain problems but the easy fix is to just disconnect from the network when your finished with the data connection.

Not sure how that works for automatic pop server email checks since I dont use em.
    No issues. The dial delay fix alone is well worth the upgrade!
    No probs here.
    I updated the Sprint and custom Shadowmite ROM (before it was official). Used a thread from TC.

The update got rid of the HUGE random Pauses that experienced when switching apps or selecting menu options.

I do still have the random lock ups when receiving a call but not there to anwser it (phone locks with anwser or ignore screen). One of my 3rd party apps is causing it though.

Carl
    http://www.palmloyal.com
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    It still won't fetch me a tall cold one...but other than that, it's working fine.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    No problems here other than the SD card issue But that's not something that was my, or any other of the users faults. But it seems as if most people are ok.
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
    I've held off on the upgrade, because my understanding is that Supertooth won't receive calls.
    did the update...no problems...i like some of the new features i've come across
    Perfectly fine. Just some issues with Ringo and I had to uninstall but I doubt that was a 1.12 issue.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast