1.    #1  
    I am thinking of getting one, but I have heard that Seidio has issues with build quality (especially with their speakerphone model, the 2500) and customer service. I know I've asked Seidio to explain the differences between their models (here and on MTDN) and have gotten zero responses.

Anyone using this Seidio car cradle? What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by SFTreo650
    I am thinking of getting one, but I have heard that Seidio has issues with build quality (especially with their speakerphone model, the 2500) and customer service. I know I've asked Seidio to explain the differences between their models (here and on MTDN) and have gotten zero responses.

Anyone using this Seidio car cradle? What do you think?
    On Today's Seidio, the quality is very consistent. Seidio offers three types of Treo 650 specific car kits.

1) G2500 - Hold and charge, GPS ready and hands free car kit. It comes with the amplified speaker and the external microphone
    2) G2100M - It is a speaker-less G2500
    3) G2100S- Hold and charge, GPS ready. No amplifed speaker and external microphone are available. This is ideal for BT headset users.

GPS ready means you can plug the wired receiver directly onto the cradle without using the additional GPS cables. You also can use BT GPS receiver.

DC out port is available on all three models. You can use it to charge BT GPS receiver, BT headset, FM transmitter or any device that requires 5V input.

You can hardwire or use cigarette lighter plug for power source.

The mounting solution includes windshield and air vent. Swivel adaptor is also available.

Any more questions, please ask.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
  3.    #3  
    Thank you, David, for explaining the differences in the models. Can anyone, other than the manufacturer, attest to its build quality and usability?
    I'm using the 2100M with my 600. The audio out jack is plugged into my car stereo via a cassette adapter. It works beautifully for mp3/wma/audible.com content, and when a call comes in, you hit the switch and use the hf mode (external mic and phone call via the car stereo speakers). The only complaint is that sometimes people say my voice is cutting in and out which forces me to pull the 600 from the cradle and talk normally.

I have just ordered a GSM 650 and need to find a solution.

Question for Seidio - is the speaker phone external mic solution any better with the 650 kits (doesn't cut in and out like 600)? And can you plug an ear bud into any of the 650 kits and utilize the mic on the ear bud (as well as switch back and forth with the car stereo for mp3/wma/audible output from 650)?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I have a few questions about this product:

1. How does the external mic work? What does it look like? Is it a wire that plugs into the cradle on one end, and has a little microphone on the other? If so, how do you mount the microphone in your car?

2. I don't like the suction cup or vent mounting method. Can it be attached to a proclip mounting system? If so, how? Can it be screwed? Must it be taped?

3. Does anyone have any idea if it will ever be possible to use a bluetooth headset with this product for the GSM versions?
    Quote Originally Posted by mlarsen23
    I have a few questions about this product:

1. How does the external mic work? What does it look like? Is it a wire that plugs into the cradle on one end, and has a little microphone on the other? If so, how do you mount the microphone in your car?
    Yes, the microphone is plugged into the cradle on one end and clipped. It's not mounted onto the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlarsen23
    2. I don't like the suction cup or vent mounting method. Can it be attached to a proclip mounting system? If so, how? Can it be screwed? Must it be taped?
    Yes, it can be attached to a proclip. There is a piece in the package that has the "Amps Patern" on it, which allow you to screw it onto the proclip and attach the cradle onto it.

First time on this message board. Hope my explanation is understandable.