1.    #1  
    Has anyone attempted to overclock their Prism? Afterburner 3 allows overclocking only to 32 mhz, while the Prism and Platinum already have 33 mhz processors...
    http://www.quartus.NET
    you can write your own overclocking program!

[Edited by california boyhead on 10-25-2000 at 02:25 PM]
  3.    #3  
    boyhead, it's quartus.net, and no, I won't program my own overclocking program because I can't. But if you can, please do us all a favor and give it a try. If you can't, or won't, keep your comments to yourself.

(I know your pride is wounded ever since I privately chided you for calling others on this board "idiots," but grow up and move on.)
    pride would be inaccurate, try hubris. i will keep in mind that when one does not have the necessary experience to accomplish a task one should shut up. given your proliferate postings, i cant help but to imagine that most if not all are either "me too" statements or pathetic pleadings for some software or solution that only you, in your neurotic obsession w/ your handheld computer, have deemed necessary. after all, you did nuke your prism on day one. perhaps it is best that you ask for advice and not give it.
    Originally posted by ragamuffinn
    Has anyone attempted to overclock their Prism? Afterburner 3 allows overclocking only to 32 mhz, while the Prism and Platinum already have 33 mhz processors...
    I haven't researched the new Dragonball's overclocking potential, but in the mean time you might want to try "QuickBits" from http://www.2bitsoftware.com

QuickBits is not an overclocker. Instead it appears to replace a number of low-level OS routines with heavily optimized versions. Specifically, BltDrawChars, WinSaveBits, and MemSet are all improved. In addition, it has the ability to remove wait states from RAM access (though I don't know how much effect that will have on a Prism).

I found the improvement to be quite noticeable in certain apps, which is welcome because the Prism appears to be *much* slower than the VDX in certain operations (pushing around 4 times as many bits for each pixel costs some extra CPU cycles).
    <ul><li>Dave Kessler<br>President - Kopsis, Inc.</li></ul>
    I'm actually surprised at how stable QuickBits has been on my Prism. I figured it might be dicey to try using software that is modifying OS level routines. I used to be comfortable with overclocking my Deluxe.
    I did have a problem of many fatal errors after installing the latest QuickBits. After deleting it and re-installing it, it worked just fine. Maybe one should disable QuickBits before installing a new version?
    Originally posted by california boyhead
    pride would be inaccurate, try hubris. i will keep in mind that when one does not have the necessary experience to accomplish a task one should shut up. given your proliferate postings, i cant help but to imagine that most if not all are either "me too" statements or pathetic pleadings for some software or solution that only you, in your neurotic obsession w/ your handheld computer, have deemed necessary. after all, you did nuke your prism on day one. perhaps it is best that you ask for advice and not give it.
    I don't think it's necessary to call anyone pathetic. Keep your insults to yourself.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836