1.    #1  
    i wonder why my treo resets everytime i finish syncing it with me pc?
    i am on gsm 1.28

can anybody help me?
    what does the reset dialog say? Most probably, hotsync is trying to restore a file/app from the backup folder on the desktop that is causing the treo to reset...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I find that if I do a total restore from BackupMan, when I next hotsync it also resets after the first hotsync.

I think it's a built-in thing.

It sounds like you have some preference file that is not being reset after the reset, so your treo thinks it has not done it's reset after the first hotsync.

I hope that makes sense. I don't know the cure, but the above might help find it ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ibnujang
    i wonder why my treo resets everytime i finish syncing it with me pc?
    i am on gsm 1.28

can anybody help me?
    Is the action of your Backup (or System) conduit correctly set? Right click the Hotsync Manager icon in the program tray, choose Custom and make sure that the default action of the Backup (or System) conduit is "Handheld overwrites desktop".
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    what does the reset dialog say? Most probably, hotsync is trying to restore a file/app from the backup folder on the desktop that is causing the treo to reset...
    err... gfunkmagic,
    how do i check the reset dialog

thanks
  6.    #6  
    bill gamble and chast,

Thanks for the reply. i'll have to check on that.
  7. bgg
    I had the same problem but with my Sprint Treo. The fix was deleting my contacts DB, memo's DB, address DB and todo's DB with Filez and then hotsynced with my mac and overwrote the handheld. My resetting went away.

BGG
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bgg
    I had the same problem but with my Sprint Treo. The fix was deleting my contacts DB, memo's DB, address DB and todo's DB with Filez and then hotsynced with my mac and overwrote the handheld. My resetting went away.

BGG
    wow! that sounds a lot of work to do.

thanks mate.
    I need to try this, I get the PIMSDataManager (I think it is..) crash at the end of full-backup-syncs on my Treo. Not normal Syncs (sans backup) or with AvantGo syncing, only a full backup sync.

I might try wiping out the local stuff first.. Interesting idea. I've ran the Iamic tool to scan the database, found nothing wrong, so I'm willing to try something else.