1.    #1  
    I tried searching the forums, didn't find anything about this.

Is there a limit to the number of SMS messages that can be stored? I had about 1,000+ SMS in my phone the other day, then when I tried to send out, it wouldn't send. Soft reset did not help. I then deleted a few SMS messages, and sending worked again.
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    i think you might have reached the limit...or maybe you jus didnt have enough memory left on the Treo? i would think you would be able to store as many as your available memory would allow?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  3.    #3  
    I still have more than 8MB in the RAM...
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Sounds like you found the limit!

This underlines again the need for an archiving function. In my opinion it would be sufficient to be able to export a complete thread or all messages to a note or anything similar I can export to my PC.
    Business Case for the Treo 650?
    - Cam-Phone, PDA, MP3 player, GPS navigation, Remote Control for my Home Entertainment (TVedia), VoIP-Phone, USB Stick
    I'm experiencing intermittent deletions of the earliest messages of a particularly long and ongoing sms thread after Hotsyncs.

Looks like a sms limit to me, since I haven't noticed messages in other shorter threads being "Trimmed". Have yet to play with available RAM levels to determine otherwise. Any one else with a similar problem???
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo
    This underlines again the need for an archiving function.
    Tresmart seems to be the best existing solution. But it's been in beta status for a long time now and doesn't yet work with a 650.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I'm over 1000 (1K, 1024) messages and don't have a problem sending or receiving. [Using Sprint 650.]

ERic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tresmart now works with the Treo 650. At least, as long as you don't need to save the multimedia part of MMS messages, because that is the only part that does not work, TO MY KNOWLEDGE. I nearly forgot: I'm the developer...
    ... and I nearly forgot this too: Tresmart may now be downloaded directly from the website. Previously you had to ask me to be a beta-tester, but I have given up this kind of beta-testing arrangement, since the waste of time was much more than the support I got from beta-testers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    I'm over 1000 (1K, 1024) messages and don't have a problem sending or receiving. [Using Sprint 650.]

ERic
    How did you do that screen capture there? Purty. I want to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    How did you do that screen capture there? Purty. I want to do that.
    you can try screenshot
    Now I'm on a mission to hit over 1000 to see for myself. I love putting the 650 to the max!
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darksoul
    you can try screenshot
    Is there a free app that does this? (Yeah, I'm cheap. Gotta save up for the 700p)
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Snap is a free program. Works great.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    I had the same issue. Or some weird MMS or SMS crept in to ensure that my 650 restarted everytime I received an SMS. I tried deleting all the messages, but it still said I had over 500 records after that, and once I hit past 5 incoming messages it would reset.

I solved it by finding a database file for Messages_Database from a back-up user name I had and double clicked it to install and overwrite the existing database.
    May I know what version of messaging you have? Mine is version 2.0
    I have 311 messages in Inbox, 275 in Sent and 745 in saved. No problem with messaging.
    I have v2.0. Apparently you can delete the databases on the phone, start the messaging app, and you will have two fresh databases created.

See: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...797#post991797