1.    #1  
    i put an mp3 on my treo600 & when i plug in my headset (i havent tried headphones yet) it still plays thru the speakerphone. anyone know why? thank you
    It might have something to do with your audiojack. (something about the connection thinking that you don't have a pair of headphones plugged in).

Are you using the standard headset? If so, try pushing the talk button and holding it down...after about 3 seconds or so, the sound starts to come through.

Also look at the program Freedom...it works for the t600 and allows you to use any headset to listen to audio.

Finally, you might have to take it in and see if its still under warranty?
    Last edited by t2gungho; 06/30/2005 at 12:28 AM.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    Thank you, pushing the 'talk' button on the headset worked, but when i let go it plays thru the speakerphone again. I'll try to Freedom program to make sure i can use regular headphones
  4.    #4  
    by the way, where can i download Freedom for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by Siovhan
    Thank you, pushing the 'talk' button on the headset worked, but when i let go it plays thru the speakerphone again.
    Some people have used a clip or rubberband to keep it held down.

Quote Originally Posted by Siovhan
    I'll try to Freedom program to make sure i can use regular headphones
    http://www.toysoft.ca/downloads/FreedomDemo.zip
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

This happens to me all the time. All I have to do is turn the screen off and back on again and the music plays through the headset. You also might want to check to make sure the headset is plugged all the way in. I know on my adapter the rubber coating around the jack prevented it from being plugged in completely. I had to trim away some of the rubber coating with a knife.
    You can buy Seidio adapter or headphones so you can hear music and switch to the phone.
    If you are looking for a cheap solution that works pretty well, use a regular set of headphones and a 2.5mm->3.5mm adapter to listen to music. If you want to talk on the phone, you can listen thru the headphones and talk thru the phone's normal microphone. In practice, you don't need to hold the treo up like a phone. The mike still picks up even if the treo is in a shirt pocket. If you live in a metro area where there is a palm store, you can buy the adapter there and avoid the shipping. (In Boston, there is a kiosk/sales area in the Prudential Center. There might be something like this near where you live. Originally I bought an apapter at Radio Shack but I had to sand down the outside diameter of the adapter where it plugs into the treo so that it would fit inside the recess. The real problem with that adpater is that it sticks about 2" or more stright down on the bottom of your treo (which meant I needed to have the treo upside-down in my shirt pocket). People say that the Sedio headsets are nice because because they have the switch, but that the sound quality is not as good as even a cheap set of 3.5mm headphones. The $12 Sony headphones I bought at Radio Shack were fine. I recently ordered a set of headphones (http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_MDR_G74...0788701-2.html) from Amazon.com that I hope will arrive in the next few days.

BTW: I once stepped on the switch for the headset/mic that came with the treo. There is a resistor shunting two of the lines which gets shorted when the monentary contact switch is pressed. You could replace the momentary switch with one of your own making, and cut off the 3.5 mm plug on your $10 headphones you buy and wire/solder the wires onto your current headset, for the best/cheapest solution of all.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!