1.    #1  
    I think I have gone through hundreds of forums and I think I have narrowed it down to these two headsets... if there is another one out there that better suits me, please let me know. Right now I currently have the HS850 and I am getting very annoyed with the lack of auto-connect.... and sometimes i cannot hear the other person... and when i get more than a few feet from the phone or even worse when the phone is a foot away I get static... but I do like the ability to turn the headset off and I do like the LED light that lets people know I am not talking to myself, also it's very stylish... so do either of these headsets have an LED light that blinks or something to let people know im on the phone? and which has the longest range and best volume?
    There have been tons of posts on this exact subject. Do some searches and you'll find plenty of opinions. FWIW, I have the HBH-662 (the same as the 660, but with BT 1.2 and supposedly the ability to have names appear on the caller i.d.) and I'll give you a few thoughts on the 662 and what I remember when I decided between the 662 and the TWH.

Pros of the 662:

1. Using Jabra eargels, the 662 is plenty loud and clear to the other party. Some think the TWH has a strange echo problem that sometimes can be helped by adjusting the Treo volume and the headset volume just right.

2. It seems to have decent range. I have experienced static at times, but overall it seems to do the job. I think most everyone gets static with BT headsets because the Treo's BT pretty much sucks. I can carry the BT in my pocket and carry on a conversation on the 662 no problem. Or I can leave it on the desk and walk away maybe 20 feet.

3. It is lightweight and doesn't have a blinking LED. I guess the TWH blinks, which annoys some people while driving in the dark. The TWH is supposedly even lighter, but we're splitting hairs here.

4. Fast transfer to the headset when making a call/receiving a call. Smooth and fast. TWH is probably good also. Since the 1.12 update (Sprint), there has been a prolonged beep coming through the 662 when placing a call. It annoys some, but doesn't really bother me at all. I am not sure if this is a 662 thing or all BT headsets do this.

5. Talk time and standby time is great. I've used the 662 all day and have barely noticed the battery level going down. Not sure how the TWH compares.

Cons of the 662 vs. the TWH:

1. My biggest complaint is that the 662 won't switch over for call waiting by pressing the button on it. It hangs up on the first person instead (learned this the hard way). I'm not sure if the TWH will do this.

2. There is no redial or voice activated dialing. The TWH supposedly has redial, but the Treo is incapable right now of having voice activated dialing. The 662 supports it, but I think it only works for SonyEricsson phones.

3. The 662's caller i.d. is screwing up on me. It might be the Treo's fault (wouldn't doubt it), but I'm getting wrong caller i.d. numbers recently. The name feature of the caller i.d. is not supported by Treo.

4. You need a separate charger for the 662. The TWH uses the same charger as the Treo. Also, since I got the 662 when it wasn't officially released in the States, I have a European plug that fits U.S. plugs with an adapter (the adapter was included).

5. Crappy earloop on the 662. Basically unusable. You must get the Jabra eargels (very cheap on ebay). The eargels stay on well (some complained theirs didn't, some used superglue). I really like the 662+eargels combo.

Bottom line: I would go with the 660 if you are worried about the echo issue, like I was. The integrated features of the TWH (redial button, same charger) are very nice, but above all I must be able to hear and be heard when using the thing. The caller i.d. feature on the 660 is a nonissue to me, especially since it works only spottily now. Lastly, get the 662 if you think by some miracle Palm will soon be able to upgrade the Treo's BT to 1.2.
    I got the 660 and love it. I read the posts that said to use eargels so I got some and tried them. First, they wouldn't stay on because of the angle on the 660 speaker. So, I just used the 660 with the earloop. I have found it to be very comfortable, even wearing if for multiple hours. The volume is good for me, even in a car on the highway. I connects quick and rarely have I had any static.

I have read the posts about all the headsets and think, why don't people just get a 660?
    Maybe the 662 is slightly different from the 660 in that the eargels stay on just fine for me. I thought they were exactly the same formfactor, however. The 662 speaker portion is angled, so there is less to surface for the eargels to grip on one side versus the other. However, it stays put for me after jamming it on as far as it will go. No glue.

I'm glad the earloop works for you. For me, the loop is set WAY too far back and doesn't fit my ear at all. Others on this board have complained about the same thing, but everyone's ear is different, right? I like the eargels also b/c the earloop interfered with my sunglasses sitting right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xclusive
    I think I have gone through hundreds of forums and I think I have narrowed it down to these two headsets... if there is another one out there that better suits me, please let me know. Right now I currently have the HS850 and I am getting very annoyed with the lack of auto-connect.... and sometimes i cannot hear the other person... and when i get more than a few feet from the phone or even worse when the phone is a foot away I get static... but I do like the ability to turn the headset off and I do like the LED light that lets people know I am not talking to myself, also it's very stylish... so do either of these headsets have an LED light that blinks or something to let people know im on the phone? and which has the longest range and best volume?
    I, like you, have also tried very hard to like the HS850 because of its body design. But, it just did not work well with the Treo 650 at all. I gave up on it and now use the TWH. I had also tried the HBH-660 before the TWH. Here's some key points you're looking for:

- Both the 660 & TWH requires pressing and holding down the multifunction button 5-6 seconds to power on and off. I don't know why they couldn't have allowed instant shut off and turn on by pressing the multi button fast 2 or 3 times?
    - The TWH does blink a very bright blue light when in use. Your neighbors will know you're on the phone. The 660 does not have any light when in use.
    - To me, the caller ID is useless. Then battery indicator is nice.
    - The ear hook on the 660 can pop off too easily when pulling the headset out of my pocket. The 660 hurts my ear if worn more than an hour. When testing these things out, I look for products that I don't have to buy and add to it to make it more comfortable or useful (unless there are no other choices).
    - The TWH is lighter than the 660 and much more comfortable on my ear. Fits my ear exactly. No gels would be needed. The ear hook stays on firmly. The 660 looks nicer though.
    - Both are comparable in sound quality. The TWH sounds louder but I think its because it fits better on my ear.

When it comes down to it, I think all Treo 650 users should just choose between these 2 headsets, the 660 (or the new 662) and the TWH from the start. Trying anything else will just be a waste of time you really don't know what you're missing if using anything else.
    ....and thoughts on the autoconnect of each unit?
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    ....and thoughts on the autoconnect of each unit?
    autoconnect works equally fine on both. TWH does redials, 660 does not.
    There had been a few threads about the"best" BT headset but it appears from these threads that both the Sony HBH-660 and 662 are the most popular. I have both of them after I tried almost all the other BT headsets out there.

I use my Treo 650 for all my phone calls and in my business I use it almost non-stop. I have been spoiled with my HBH 660 with the jabra eargels (both super-glued to the unit) that I won't even take or make a call unless it connects to my headset which is 99.99% of the time. I have both of them because I use one as a backup. I now find that holding the Treo (or any other phone) against my ear is such a huge unnecessary inconvenience, not to mention "old-fashioned?" LOL! It's also a perfect way to impress a prospective client :-)

Bought my HBH660 from Dan's Cellular and the 662 from admon347, a treo Central member and he gives a discounts for all members http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I would recommend admon347 anytime due to his excellent customer service! Let him know you got his name from Treo Central.

If you have to choose between the 660 and 662, get the 662. Because I have both, I could tell that the 662 is slightly better in sound quality. The 662 has black trim and better looking I think.
    Last edited by Treo Rat; 06/30/2005 at 06:27 PM.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    There are several people on this forum who've spoken very highly of the Logitech Mobile Pro. It is because of all the good they've had to say about it which prompted me to buy one. I ordered mine (LMP) last week and it should be here any day now.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  10.    #10  
    well i saw a logitech mobile freedom in a store so i bought it to just try it out... it worked just about perfectly... but it doesnt fit my ear ... its loud... people hear me clearly... but it doesnt fit and looks like a tank compared to the hs850... now im debating between the 660 and the twh again...
    During the short period of time (1 day) that I owned a Logitech Mobile Freedom, the first comment from a friend was "what is that thing hanging out of your ear?" Due to it tearing up both ears, I did not keep it very long. Ben