1.    #1  
    Now (with DUN enabled) more than ever the weakness of Garnet is displayed. How often have i missed calls and just had bizarre things happen while I'm surfing the web via DUN.

anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    Now (with DUN enabled) more than ever the weakness of Garnet is displayed. How often have i missed calls and just had bizarre things happen while I'm surfing the web via DUN.

anyone else?
    Are you saying you really expect your phone to be able to do more than 1 thing at a time and not lock up or soft reset or freak out on you?

I actually was using DUN yesterday and got a call, answered it no problem but then had to turn BT off and back on again in order to reconnect the laptop. At least I didn't have to soft reset...

That being said, I am not sure it's Garnet that is the root of the problem so much as the more common problem of GSM devices not handling the handoff well between data & voice. I have had 4 different BT phones that I have used DUN with (Siemens S56, Moto V600, Nokia 6820, Treo650) and all have experienced similar issues to what you describe. Each device has gotten better as the GSM chips in these things are perfected, but they aren't perfect yet.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts

anyone else?
    That's not a limitation of garnet. IF you have sprint, it's because you can't do simutaneous data and voice over 1xrtt...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions