Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use the retractable sync and charge cable with sync switch (new version) from Seidio. I have been using for a while, It works everytime. The current version has a new connector which is great. Seidio also has many types of non-retractable type cables. You can get them from Treocentral store. In my opinion, they have the best quality cables. Do not waste your money on th cables from eBay.
    My experience is bought two, threw two away and then bought the two foot and still using daily!
    Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Yup, that 99 cents (plus s&h) just went down the drain.

I don't believe that it's the plug. At least mine wasn't. It was the wire. I've got many adapters for this phone, and all of them work well, except for the retractable one that I tossed in the trash. The wires are just too thin for daily power usage. Feel that thin cord while it's charging and you'll burn your fingertips.

Yes...you answered your own question. Don't you mean...you used to get daily usage out of it?? For daily usage, the best retractable cable is no retractable cable at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockery
    Ya, this is STRICKLY for travel use. I'm thinking I would use it for up to 3 weeks at a time. I noticed there is also an 8" one on the web site as well. I might just go with that. The flat roll up cable just makes me nervous for long term use.
    I have one of each kind. Use them interchangeably. Use them exclusively; have not seen the original cable in months. Use them for charge, sync, PDAreach and PDAnet. (I used similar cables with the 600 and waited to buy the 650 until I knew a similar cable was available for the 650.)

I do have a 12v charge only cable that I use in the car and on the plane but have not seen the original charger in months.

All that said, one has to watch the connector constantly. The 650 connector sucks. It is not as good as the 600 connector and I did not like it much either.
    I note your various comment on cables dying, etc. Considering that I think it costs $0.99 I can live with that.

But more importantly, considering that the Insten cable both charges and syncs, evidently drawing power from the computer, has anyone found this dangerous to the Treo 650?
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    I'm using a sync/power cable that I bought from TreoCentral. I use it for travel and, like others have mentioned, love it! I keep my regular sync and charger plugged in at home, but since I'm on the road 4-5 days a week, I wanted something that was more convienient.

As for being dangerous, I'm not sure what you mean. I have kept mine plugged in over night several times and the unit doesn't seem any warmer than if I've left it plugged in to the supplied charger.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Squires
    I note your various comment on cables dying, etc. Considering that I think it costs $0.99 I can live with that.

But more importantly, considering that the Insten cable both charges and syncs, evidently drawing power from the computer, has anyone found this dangerous to the Treo 650?
    No. Does not hurt the PC either.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    The wires are just too thin for daily power usage. Feel that thin cord while it's charging and you'll burn your fingertips.
    There is not a trace of warmth on the 0.99 cable I have...

Of course, 0.99 is a misnomer. Then they charge $6 for shipping.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12