Hey guys, I am the proud owner of a new Treo 600, a 212 area code, *and* I'm a lost newbie. I've never had a Treo before, or even a PDA. I have some questions as to how to basically do what I need to do.

First off, I would like to be able to keep my e-mail around with me. I have about a year's worth of email on my Outlook at any one given time. I can get one of those 1GB SD cards, which I'm sure can hold all that email. How in blazes do I transfer my Outlook e-mail to my Treo? All that my Palm software will sync are my contacts, appointments, etc. But not my e-mail! Do I need to buy special software for this? I was under the impression that the Mail application on my Treo would be able to do this.

Secondly, I would appreciate being able to occasionally pull mail off an IMAP (or POP) server. I'm on Verizon right now and am resolutely uninterested (being a poor college student) in paying another $25 for a data plan. I read some stuff about EN-MOU and then some other stuff about EN-MOU being discontinued. What is the deal here? Is there any way I can get an occasional email or two off without paying ridiculous data rates or subscribing to a data plan?

Lastly, the vibrate function is ridiculously weak. I won't even notice it. Is there any way to strengthen it? Like, could I buy another motor and have my EE major buddy solder it on the back or something?

Thanks!!
    If you are lost for answers, try Searching for them... The pain and time-spent will be well worth it.

Don't be a newbie-victim: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82619
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    Quote Originally Posted by ttan
    First off, I would like to be able to keep my e-mail around with me.
    I used to use Inbox to Go by Dataviz (Docs to Go). You might look at that to sync your inbox (btw-move to imap email and 'forgetaboutit'

Is there any way I can get an occasional email or two off without paying ridiculous data rates or subscribing to a data plan?
    Move to Sprint Seriously, I dont know. I would search about it.

Lastly, the vibrate function is ridiculously weak. I won't even notice it. Is there any way to strengthen it? Like, could I buy another motor and have my EE major buddy solder it on the back or something?
    I have no idea. Seems to work for me.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve