1.    #1  
    I tried to hot synch my treo 650 to desktop and got a protocol error and no synch with calender, contacts or tasks. any ideas????

OK Quick Install
    OK Media
    Documents To Go Message(s)
    YAPS
    Failed to transfer the file from the handheld to the desktop. File could be missing on the handheld or located on a backup module.
    YAPS
    OK Documents To Go
    OK Memos
    Date Book - sync configured to Do Nothing
    Address Book - sync configured to Do Nothing
    To Do List - sync configured to Do Nothing
    Memo Pad - sync configured to Do Nothing
    Calendar synchronization failed

Contacts synchronization failed

Tasks synchronization failed

Protocol Error: Handheld file could not be opened. (4004)
    -- Backing up CarrierProfiles2 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\MJ0\Backup\CarrierProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache0 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\MJ0\Backup\MMIDCache0.PDB
    -- Backing up HSTraceDatabase to C:\Program Files\palmOne\MJ0\Backup\HSTraceDatabase.PDB
    -- Backing up midataidcache to C:\Program Files\palmOne\MJ0\Backup\midataidcache.PDB
    -- Backing up NetworkProfiles2 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\MJ0\Backup\NetworkProfiles2.PDB
    -- Backing up ConduitMonitor to C:\Program Files\palmOne\MJ0\Backup\ConduitMonitor.PRC
    -- Backing up PhoneCallDB to C:\Program Files\palmOne\MJ0\Backup\PhoneCallDB.PDB
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Program Files\palmOne\MJ0\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Graffiti ShortCuts to C:\Program Files\palmOne\MJ0\Backup\Graffiti_ShortCuts.PRC
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\palmOne\MJ0\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    -- Backing up Queries to C:\Program Files\palmOne\MJ0\Backup\Queries.PDB
    -- Backing up FrameworkDB to C:\Program Files\palmOne\MJ0\Backup\FrameworkDB.PDB
    OK Backup
  2.    #2  
    btw, i rechecked that all conduits were marked as synchronize the files.
    I know this is a really old post, but I am getting this same problem, anyone know of the fix to this? Thanks,

Robert
    The answer in this forum ending up solving this same problem when I had it. The answer about Verizon and Wireless Sync.