1.    #1  
    I just got my Treo BT Headset from PalmOne, and I love the redial feature. It's very close to the feature everyone wants to be able to press the button and say someone's name to dial their number.

Then it hit me. I've seen programs that intercept the signal of a pressed button to do a different thing, like reassigning buttons to do different things. Why can't someone write a utility to intercept the siganal of the BT redial to dial a specific number instead of last number called, like say, Voice Connect from Cingular, or Voice Command from Sprint!! Viola, voice dialing from the BT headset.

I was going to learn programming in the next few months, write the program, and make a million (OK, a thousand) dollars, but after 2 weeks I've got a total of 1.5 hours study time on it, so here's the idea.

I've did a few searches on "redial" or "treo bluetooth redial" and nothing seems to be written or discussed about it. Let me know what you guys think, and please be gentle on me. I don't post much, just read all the fantastic advice and experiences you guys have. Thanks.

Rog
    Quote Originally Posted by rogersmith00
    Why can't someone write a utility to intercept the siganal of the BT redial to dial a specific number instead of last number called, like say, Voice Connect from Cingular, or Voice Command from Sprint!! Viola, voice dialing from the BT headset.

They did:

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...?VoiceLauncher

I've been using this for a couple of weeks w/Sprint's voice command and IT ROCKS. Also, the trial version of VoiceLauncher only allows 2 commands, which is one more than I need for this. So the software cost me nothing. Unfortunately, Sprint Voice Command isn't free, but I'm willing to pay the price.

-Sketchy
    I downloaded VoiceLauncher and found that it works great with no ear piece, but use it in conjunction with an ear piece and it just doesn't get it. I have a cardo scala 500 and adapter for my treo 600.

Anyone else? It'd be nice to be able to get this working.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwilson290
    I downloaded VoiceLauncher and found that it works great with no ear piece, but use it in conjunction with an ear piece and it just doesn't get it. I have a cardo scala 500 and adapter for my treo 600.

Anyone else? It'd be nice to be able to get this working.
    I don't think I can help you-- I have a 650. BUT, for others, I have a Motorola HS 805 (which is their low-end model) and have no problems getting this to work. I simply created a command in voicelauncher that dials a number (in this case "*"). I didn't record a voice tag at all. In VL preferences, I enabled "detect Bluetooth Button" and that's it, it should work from there.

-Sketchy